BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Act Naturally (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   who would play the beatles (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3230)

loretta10 Mar 02, 2001 03:05 PM

who would play the beatles

ok if u did a movie about the beatles getting back together in the 70 who would u pick to play each one?

------------------
~
3n

Mar 02, 2001 06:26 PM

Re: who would play the beatles

I don't think there's been anyone better than Gary Bakewell as Paul McCartney and Ian Hart as John Lennon in the 1993 movie Backbeat. If you get a chance to see it, then do, and you'll see what I mean. Bakewell also played Paul in the 2000 TV movie The Linda McCartney Story and Hart portrayed Lennon in the 1991 movie The Hours And Times.

As for some of the younger actors around now, I wouldn't have a clue as to who'd be best suited to such roles.

loretta10 Mar 03, 2001 02:38 PM

i seen Backbeat, and i like Hart but Paul or Bakewell did not have that big of a part in the movie

------------------
~
3n

Mar 04, 2001 04:15 AM

I guess it was primarily about Stu Sutcliffe and featured John (Hart) a little more than the others, though I thought Bakewell looked remarkably like Paul and portrayed him very well indeed.

BEATLEDORK Mar 11, 2001 02:25 PM

well, i could play paul...almost...i could if i had brown hair...in a mop top...my hair is a "shag" like Keith Partridge...except blonde(we do have more fun)like Cobains...if paul and dave and kurt had a kid that was an actor itd be ME!

so there!

------------------
Sid Vicious came to me on a flaming pie and said "Im Burning Im Burning!!! HELP ME YOU IDIOT..." but after i took ten minutes worth of pictures he dissapeared leaving a trail of ashes behind...

Love Stacey, the original david cassidy/paul m./kurt cobain look alike :)

beatlemethisbeatlemethat Mar 11, 2001 09:56 PM

I think Noah Wyle looks a little like John and he would probably do a good job portraying him

Mar 12, 2001 09:35 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by beatledork:
if paul and dave and kurt had a kid that was an actor itd be ME!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Paul and Dave and Kurt had a kid he'd most likely be adopted.

Mar 12, 2001 09:36 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by beatlemethisbeatlemethat:
I think Noah Wyle looks a little like John and he would probably do a good job portraying him <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

::coughJudeLawcough::

Strawberry Fields Mar 13, 2001 08:08 AM

Adrian Quin did a good paul in "two of us"

------------------

loretta10 Mar 19, 2001 02:41 PM

ok i just seen almoust famous and billy crudup (is that how u spell it crudup) would be a good george he was the guitar player in the movie.

------------------
~
3n

loretta10 Mar 19, 2001 02:43 PM

its adian and yes he did do a good paul

------------------
~
3n

beatlemethisbeatlemethat Apr 07, 2001 11:42 PM

Aidan did a good job in Two Of Us! Here is a guy who could play a young Paul:

His name is Jesse Bradford. he was in the movie Bring It On. He's the one on the right, in case you were wondering

Apr 07, 2001 11:49 PM

Who's the girl did you say?

beatlemethisbeatlemethat Apr 08, 2001 12:39 AM

Her name is Eliza Dusku..she played Faith on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Apr 08, 2001 10:53 AM

:GASP: of course! How could I have failed to realise that! That guy looks a lot like Xander by the way.

SleepyHead Apr 08, 2001 07:07 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nowhere Man:
If Paul and Dave and Kurt had a kid he'd most likely be adopted. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or the latest victim of the science of "cloning"... or possibly the richest person in the entire universe, if technology had advanced enough to enable three men to produce a child!

------------------
Bearkat77's Beatlemaniac Page

Bearkat77's Tribute to John Lennon

Jamers1234 Apr 09, 2001 09:36 AM

The actors who were the Beatles in the True Stories Channel movie, "Birth of the Beatles".

[This message has been edited by Jamers1234 (edited April 09, 2001 at 10:37 AM).]