BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Red Rose Speedway (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Do fans think Ringo or Paul would ever perform in the Philippines? (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49391)

peanut333 Aug 04, 2014 10:28 AM

Do fans think Ringo or Paul would ever perform in the Philippines?

Before they officially retire someday, considering nearly 50 years have passed since that horrible incident caused by a misunderstanding, and Imelda was offended. I guess she bought a new pair of shoes for the concert (Poor thing). If the fans asked nicely do you think either surviving Beatle would honor the request? In regards to the earlier Israel thread , where it was stated Paul finally performed there decades after the government gave that stupid “Beatles are sexual stimuli” reason. Maybe time has healed the wounds regarding the Philippines. Speaking of Asia, has either one ever performed in China?

Bongo Aug 04, 2014 11:44 AM

Doubt it!

Mind you they said they'd never go back to Montreal, Canada (and they didn't) because of death threats and calling Ringo a Jew, but Macca has been back there a lot as a solo artist.

But that example is far from what they went through in the Philippines!

peanut333 Aug 04, 2014 04:43 PM

Wow never heard about the trouble in Montreal. Isn't that were Yoko and John had that wacky bed in during their honeymoon? I have heard rumors about Ringo having partial Jewish ancestry. But insulting him was so wrong.

Bongo Aug 05, 2014 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut333 (Post 1126302)
Wow never heard about the trouble in Montreal. Isn't that were Yoko and John had that wacky bed in during their honeymoon? I have heard rumors about Ringo having partial Jewish ancestry. But insulting him was so wrong.

Ringo put his Cymbals up slightly in case he got shot, and there was a cop standing beside him during the concert!

And yes John & Yoko had an Amsterdam & Montreal bed in!

ABCKO Aug 09, 2014 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bongo (Post 1126296)
Doubt it!

Mind you they said they'd never go back to Montreal, Canada (and they didn't) because of death threats and calling Ringo a Jew, but Macca has been back there a lot as a solo artist.

But that example is far from what they went through in the Philippines!

Ringo, who was the ''target'' of those threats, also came back here to play, at least once, back in 2001...

ABCKO Aug 09, 2014 06:13 AM

Where was that 1966 show, where the KKK threatened to ''disrupt'' the show (because of John's comments about God)... Atlanta ?

peanut333 Aug 09, 2014 02:53 PM

I think it was Atlanta and maybe Washington DC. I read at one concert, someone tossed a firecracker on the stage, and one of the Beatles, I think it was was George almost fainted from fright. Reading about all that nutty stuff, no longer they quit touring, who can blame them. I think the Klan also burned a cross at one concert. I think that religious stuff was a cop out, the Klan really hated the Beatles fair minded views regarding race relations.

beatlebangs1964 Aug 15, 2014 08:13 PM

Doubtful. Don't forget that Imelda Marcos thought the Beatles had dissed her when she thought they had slighted her by not responding to her invitation. 1966, anyone?

ABCKO Aug 16, 2014 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut333 (Post 1126363)
I think it was Atlanta and maybe Washington DC. I read at one concert, someone tossed a firecracker on the stage, and one of the Beatles, I think it was was George almost fainted from fright.

...wasn't that John ? ... without his glasses, he thought it was gun fire...

McCartneyGirl909 Mar 19, 2016 12:37 PM

There has been this campaign launched by our local rock artist Ely Buendia in our country last year:

http://www.rappler.com/entertainment...-from-paradise

Apparently, Ringo Starr still has not responded with this invitation. *sighs* And we were hoping for a Paul McCartney Healing Concert in Manila as well. :/

Bongo Mar 19, 2016 12:57 PM

They would have to pay back the money owed to the Beatles, and then some (in advance) before I would consider going back, if I was them! :nono4:

scouseofdistinction Apr 18, 2016 02:28 AM

If they don't, it's a shame. I know plenty of Filipinos who love the Beatles. My mom is from the Philippines, born that year. She learned of the Beatles because of her mom, and she helped teach them to me. Same story for most of my mom's friends too.

beatlebangs1964 Apr 21, 2016 02:31 PM

Your mom and grandmother exposed you yo culture. It would be very unfortunate if the two surviving fabs bypassed the Philippines. 1966 and what took place then has no bearing in today's world.

Musicians are ambassadors. Music has the power to break down barriers. In 2003 Paul McCartney realized a lifetime dream by performing in Moscow's Red Square. Music has power to change the world for the better.

peanut333 May 08, 2016 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McCartneyGirl909 (Post 1130089)
There has been this campaign launched by our local rock artist Ely Buendia in our country last year:

http://www.rappler.com/entertainment...-from-paradise

Apparently, Ringo Starr still has not responded with this invitation. *sighs* And we were hoping for a Paul McCartney Healing Concert in Manila as well. :/

Well they say time does heal wounds, we shall see.

beatlebangs1964 May 12, 2016 11:20 AM

Let's hope what happened in 1966 has been healed by time.