BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Here, There & Everywhere (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   your fav wine (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40802)

raul Apr 29, 2010 06:58 PM

your fav wine

1 Chateau Lafite Rothschild
2 Chateau Margaux
3 Chateau Latour
4 Cabernet Sauvignon
5 Chateau Mouton Rothschild
6 Pinot Noir
7 Gamay
8 Merlot
9 Chardonnay
10 Sangiovese
11 Tempranillo

http://en/wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine

george_on_cloud9 Apr 30, 2010 07:07 AM

err... i don't think i know these names of wine. but i prefer white wine

FPSHOT Apr 30, 2010 07:38 AM

I like wine which apart from beer is the only alcohol I drink.

The ones mentioned in this poll are a kind of the average ones and for a large part French, whereas in Dutchland people are more looking for others than the usual French ones.

Lately also because of the lovely weather I would go for an Italian or Spanish or Australian or Chilian wine.

A Pinot Noir is in my experience an excellent wine.

However, because of an awesome experience this week with a Chardonnay that is my poll choice :teeth1:

raul Apr 30, 2010 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by george_on_cloud9 (Post 1010827)
err... i don't think i know these names of wine. but i prefer white wine

Then maybe this one:

“Come quickly, I am tasting stars,” Dom Perignon’s famous quote after his first taste of Champagne, and a fairly apt description of what a good Champagne experience should offer. Is Champagne truly a wine? Where do the bubbles come from? How do I serve Champagne? Any Champagne suggestions?

raul Apr 30, 2010 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FPSHOT (Post 1010829)
I like wine which apart from beer is the only alcohol I drink.

The ones mentioned in this poll are a kind of the average ones and for a large part French, whereas in Dutchland people are more looking for others than the usual French ones.

Lately also because of the lovely weather I would go for an Italian or Spanish or Australian or Chilian wine.

A Pinot Noir is in my experience an excellent wine.

However, because of an awesome experience this week with a Chardonnay that is my poll choice :teeth1:

:laugh5: Awesome experience! So, which would be your all-time favourite?

Miss Nani Moonlight Apr 30, 2010 11:36 AM

im not even old enough to drink wine XD

raul Apr 30, 2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Nani Moonlight (Post 1010866)
im not even old enough to drink wine XD

O.K., you can vote and maybe post a comment when you get old enough, in that case.

FPSHOT Apr 30, 2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raul (Post 1010831)
So, which would be your all-time favourite?

Oh in wine I don't have one and I wonder if many people have one. There is too much to choose from and it also depends on the time of year. I prefer variation.

62hofner Apr 30, 2010 10:32 PM

I don't see Pinot Grigio on the list... and that's my favorite.

raul Apr 30, 2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FPSHOT (Post 1010921)
Oh in wine I don't have one and I wonder if many people have one. There is too much to choose from and it also depends on the time of year. I prefer variation.

I have. I may come off as a snob, but I think Chateau Lafitte Rothschild is the Mount Everest of wines. I don't know which vintage is considered best, though.

FPSHOT Apr 30, 2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raul (Post 1010929)
I have. I may come off as a snob, but I think Chateau Lafitte Rothschild is the Mount Everest of wines. I don't know which vintage is considered best, though.

I believe for the price of one bottle of Chateau Lafitte Rothschild I buy wines for over 2 years before i reach that price.

raul May 01, 2010 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FPSHOT (Post 1010930)
I believe for the price of one bottle of Chateau Lafitte Rothschild I buy wines for over 2 years before i reach that price.

Average price is 10 000 pounds. (UK is the biggest importer of wine) I don't know which vintage (year) is considered the best.

FPSHOT May 01, 2010 12:43 AM

I wonder what makes that 'average' since I can get a very good one as of 500.

The 2000 and 2005 have only a tiny somewhat higher ranking than the 2001 and 2000 ones yet are 3 times as expensive.

raul May 01, 2010 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FPSHOT (Post 1010933)
I wonder what makes that 'average' since I can get a very good one as of 500.

The 2000 and 2005 have only a tiny somewhat higher ranking than the 2001 and 2000 ones yet are 3 times as expensive.

I got it completely wrong. It's the highest price, I think. Sorry. I just wasn't thinking. I appologize once more.

Thanks.

taxgirl May 01, 2010 01:01 AM

Chardonnay, but tomorrow it can be a different one...

FPSHOT May 01, 2010 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raul (Post 1010934)
I got it completely wrong. It's the highest price, I think. Sorry. I just wasn't thinking. I appologize once more.

You and not thinking :thinker: :teeth1:

No need for saying sorry, Raul.

Still, I would never pay that much for a bottle of wine.

I believe it also depends when and where you drink wine. Like at a winter dinner a good heavy red one like a Margaux would suite perfect, yet in summertime with a picknick a Chardonnay proves to be awesome :teeth1: and at a summer dinner at home with light food a cold Chablis can do miracles.

JonnyLytnin May 01, 2010 01:18 AM

I can't say that I've had the pleasure of drinking many variations of wine. I'm fairly certain that the only wine I've ever tasted is a merlot, and that is pretty much only when partaking in communion.

Based on that alone, I much prefer pale ales, stouts, and various whiskeys over the taste of a merlot.

raul May 01, 2010 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FPSHOT (Post 1010936)
You and not thinking :thinker: :teeth1:

No need for saying sorry, Raul.

Still, I would never pay that much for a bottle of wine.

I believe it also depends when and where you drink wine. Like at a winter dinner a good heavy red one like a Margaux would suite perfect, yet in summertime with a picknick a Chardonnay proves to be awesome :teeth1: and at a summer dinner at home with light food a cold Chablis can do miracles.

You wouldn't believe it, but it happens to me often. Not thinking, that is.

I don't know why I appologized. I wasn't thinking.

i only once drank expensive wine, and that was when I went to London on
8th Jan 1987. I remember we landed on Heathrow in the afternoon, and it was already night. We went to a hotel (my parents and me) and in the evening we went out to search for a Chinese restaurant. We couldn't find it, and we asked an old lady. She took as across the whole town (mind you, London is enormous) to the best one. There I drank a bit of Chateau Lafitte Rothschild, I remember it was like 'ahhh what a hell, it's 300 pounds (or something like that), you only live once.'

I would pay that much, if I had the money, I'm a snob par excellence, I admit. It's my obsession with the french thing.

JonnyLytnin May 01, 2010 05:37 AM

Maybe I'll use this topic as a guide for good wines to try ;)

raul May 01, 2010 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyLytnin (Post 1010945)
Maybe I'll use this topic as a guide for good wines to try ;)

Glad to be of help.