BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Red Rose Speedway (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Third time lucky? Macca plans to wed new girlfriend Nancy Shevell (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37258)

Lucy Jan 25, 2009 09:34 PM

Third time lucky? Macca plans to wed new girlfriend Nancy Shevell

Third time lucky? Macca plans to wed new girlfriend Nancy Shevell

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...y-Shevell.html

Following his notorious divorce from Heather Mills last year, Sir Paul McCartney has told friends he plans to wed his new girlfriend Nancy Shevell.

She would become Sir Paul's third wife, after his notorious divorce from Heather Mills and sad loss of his first wife Linda.

He said: 'We are blissfully happy together.'

Friends and family are also delighted with the match, even daughter Stella, who was against his troublesome second marriage.
Sir Paul and Nancy

Fun in the sun: Sir Paul and girlfriend Nancy Shevell enjoy a break together to Jumby Bay resort in Antigua

'All Paul's children had massive reservations about Heather - but it was Stella who was the most vociferous,' a well-placed source told the Sunday Mirror.

'Getting Stella's seal of approval was very important for Paul.'

Nancy had a notably amicable divorce from Bruce after being separated for a year and 60 days.

The papers were signed on 2 December last year and the divorce was made final a week later.
Sir Paul and Nancy

Stellar match! Friends and family, including Sir Paul's daughter Stella, approve of the relationship

A clear hit with the family, Nancy, 49, buys presents for Stella's children at birthdays and Christmas, and spends time with his daughter Beatrice, 5.

And, in the wake of his high-profile divorce battle with Heather, Sir Paul asked the family of his first wife, Linda, for their blessing.

The new couple recently had a very public lunch with Linda's brother John Eastman in Manhattan.

A source said: 'Linda remains paramount in Sir Paul's thoughts and always will, so it will matter enormously to him to have the Eastman family's support.'
Sir Paul and Nancy

Relaxed: Sir Paul and Nancy take a stroll together close to his home in St John's Wood, London

The friend added: 'Unlike Heather, Nancy is a multi-millionaire in her own right and therefore could never be portrayed as being interested in Sir Paul for his money.

'She is calm, measured and mature, whereas Heather is fiery and impulsive.'

'Nancy and Sir Paul are totally natural together and feel blessed to have found happiness together.'

The relationship is clearly standing on a firm foundation. The couple have mixed in the same social circles for 30 years, and Paul's children have affectionately called Nancy 'Lady O' after her choice of Jackie Onassis-style sunglasses.

ilianna Jan 25, 2009 09:50 PM

Wow, well I do hope things will be a lot better for him this time. I like how he's asked Linda's family for their blessing. We know that he still loves Linda very very much. :)

oldbeatlechick Jan 25, 2009 10:53 PM

I read this yesterday and wish him all the best whatever he chooses to do!

lennonluvr9 Jan 26, 2009 05:16 AM

I dont know if I should believe this. Last I heard (and not from 'sources') he had no plans to marry right now.

FPSHOT Jan 26, 2009 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldbeatlechick (Post 922438)
I read this yesterday

It was only posted today? :laugh5:

oldbeatlechick Jan 26, 2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FPSHOT (Post 922464)
It was only posted today? :laugh5:

I read it on the beatlenews.com on Sunday evening FP! :wink2:

hibgal Jan 26, 2009 11:27 AM

I believe it when I see the wedding pictures! :devious:

Serena Jan 26, 2009 12:33 PM

PaulisMine Jan 26, 2009 01:31 PM

So funny how this works...this morning I saw "Paul is FREE to marry new girlfriend" (article referenced the fact that her divorce is final today) .... it crosses the ocean and they are OMG ENGAGED!
That being said, if they DO get married, I better go ahead and get my hate on early! :D

Lucy Jan 27, 2009 04:40 AM

haahaa!

Hari's Chick Jan 27, 2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy (Post 922422)
'She is calm, measured and mature'

...and can darn a good pair of socks as well? :laugh5:

Asha Jan 27, 2009 09:56 AM

I loved reading the comments at the end of the article.

Fans are funny that way!

FPSHOT Jan 27, 2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy (Post 922422)
Third time lucky?

This quote means Paul also was lucky with Heather :laugh5:

hibgal Jan 27, 2009 10:15 AM

Or he wasn't happy with NEITHER Heather nor LINDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigeyes3:

SF4-EVER Jan 27, 2009 10:51 AM

If this is true, then I wish them all the best.

PaulisMine Jan 27, 2009 10:59 AM

Well I would imagine that Linda's death could be considered "unlucky" by some, not that he didn't love her.

Magill Jan 27, 2009 11:15 AM

Heather will always be 'number two'. :devious:

PaulisMine Jan 27, 2009 12:21 PM

LOL Magill!
Someone asked me yesterday about how I felt about Paul getting engaged for the 5th time! I hadn't thought about it... I think they meant Dot, Jane, Linda, Heather and now Nancy?

You wouldn't believe how many people have forwarded this article to me today! LOL!!

Hari's Chick Jan 27, 2009 01:05 PM

Actually they're just good friends...

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/61978708

Paul McCartney Rep Rips Wedding Rumors

01/26/2009 7:00 PM, E! Online
Josh Grossberg

A rep for the former Beatle is smacking down a pair of newspaper stories that he is looking to get hitched with lady love Nancy Shevell now that her divorce has become official.

"[There's] no truth to it," says publicist Paul Freundlich.

Both the Sunday Mirror and Sunday Telegraph reported that McCartney sought and received the all-clear from his four adult children, including fashion designer Stella, to marry the New York native.

The newspapers claimed that the New York State Supreme Court had granted Shevell a divorce from Bruce Blakeman on Dec. 9, ending a 23-year union. However, neither publiciation cited any public legal documents, and none have surfaced so far.

Shevell's attorney, Michael Stutman, declined to comment on the status of the divorce. He referred all questions to his client, who was not immediately available.

The 49-year-old Shevell, a board member of the Big Apple's Metropolitan Transportation Authority, and her 52-year-old estranged husband, a Port Authority commissioner, lawyer and former Nassau County legislator, amicably split in 2007. They have a 17-month-old son.

According to the British tabs, Shevell and McCartney had known each other almost three decades before they were photographed smooching outside a Long Island sushi joint in November 2007. Both own residences in the Hamptons.

You'd think McCartney would be a bit gunshy about rushing to the altar. His divorce from second wife Heather Mills, finalized last year, cost the former moptop nearly $50 million.

Betrothed or no, McCartney today became the latest star to sign on for a Grammy performance. He's up for two trophies at the Feb. 8 ceremony.

beatlebangs1964 Jan 27, 2009 09:40 PM

How wonderful for them all. Let's hope this works out for everyone.