BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Act Naturally (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How many movies/tv shows can you think of that have something to do with The Beatles (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35038)

johnnymain May 14, 2013 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lennonluvr9 (Post 1119058)
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnymain (Post 1118927)
The 1965 Doctor Who story "The Chase" features The Beatles singing "Ticket To Ride" (performance footage shot for Top of the Pops).

It's a well-known fact (in Doctor Who circles) that The Beatles were originally to appear as old men in the story, however, this idea was vetoed by Brian Epstein and the performance footage was used instead.

More details about "The Chase" can be found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chase_(Doctor_Who)

I think I remember seeing a clip of that one somewhere!

It is included in the Region2 DVD release of "The Chase" but was not included in the Region1 release due to an ongoing rights issue with Apple.

In another "Doctor Who" related post, in episode one of the 1967 story "Evil of the Daleks", there is a scene with The Doctor and Jamie in a cafe with "Paperback Writer" playing in background.

Sadly this episode is missing, but the soundtrack to the episode was recorded by fans at the time of its original broadcast and it survives that way. A fan reconstruction of the episode can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrJd-UAZBs0 with the track appearing at the 7 minute and 46 second mark (it is quite faint but still audible!).

Again, due to a rights issue with Apple, the track cannot be heard on the official BBC CD release of the story as it was substituted with another song.

lennonluvr9 May 19, 2013 06:20 AM

I have no idea if this is a Beatles reference or not, but saying the same of the villian in the new Trek movie, John Harrison, always makes me think of Beatles.

beatlebangs1964 Jun 27, 2013 04:16 AM

On the "Nice Guys Finish Last" episode of My Three Sons, guest star Jay North says, "I haven't seen my dad so happy since I got rid of my Beatle haircut." The episode aired 10/6/1966.

beatlebangs1964 Jul 14, 2013 12:35 PM

On the "Falling Star" episode of My Three Sons which aired on 12/15/1966, Jaye P. Morgan guest stars as an attractive, aging chanteuse. She agrees to front Rob's band, the Greefs and when Rob announces a guest performance, somebody screams "RINGO!" Another young reveler shouts "BARRY McGUIRE!" Jaye, who plays chanteuse Claudia Farrell says in today's world (Dodge Coronet/Dodge Dart era of 1966) that one had to be up on "the Animals, the Beatles and the Rolling Stones."

Maia 66 Jul 15, 2013 08:33 AM

In the movie Superbad, Jonah Hill's character describes another kid who had dated his love interest:

"He is the sweetest guy. Have you ever looked into his eyes? It was like the first time I heard the Beatles."

Maia 66 Jul 15, 2013 09:39 AM

Not a movie or tv show, but another form of popular media. A recent Buzz Feed list was "30 Things People Love – If you are a human, chances are you like these things."

#4 was The Beatles. (The list was alphabetical, otherwise The Fabs would be #1!) Other things on the list included baby animals, agriculture, music, pillows, etc. You get the point...

beatlebangs1964 Sep 04, 2013 09:47 PM

On the "Double Parked" episode of The Brady Bunch, aired 3/5/1971, somebody makes a poster that says GIVE TREES A CHANCE. A little John Lennon influence there! :thumbu2:

lennonluvr9 Sep 28, 2013 05:26 AM

In an old Zits comic that got reused in the Zits graphic novel that just came out, Hector, Jeremy & Sara all freed a bunch of crickets that were going to be used in biology and sang Give Peace a Chance while they did it

John's lover girl Sep 28, 2013 08:46 AM

i dont normally watch Glee but i did this past thursday and i will next thursday there doing beates songs in a two part episode

beatlebangs1964 Oct 22, 2013 01:27 PM

On an episode of My Three Sons which aired 12/27/1969 entitled "Silver Threads," Katie says "Paul McCartney!" when Rob asks her who she thinks is the cutest guy she's ever seen.

John's lover girl Oct 22, 2013 02:22 PM

there's this new comedy called "the neighbors" and on the Halloween episode the boy's girlfriend said "do you want to go as young Yoko and old Yoko because you already have the hair"

zipp Oct 24, 2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnymain (Post 1119247)
It is included in the Region2 DVD release of "The Chase" but was not included in the Region1 release due to an ongoing rights issue with Apple.

In another "Doctor Who" related post, in episode one of the 1967 story "Evil of the Daleks", there is a scene with The Doctor and Jamie in a cafe with "Paperback Writer" playing in background.

Sadly this episode is missing, but the soundtrack to the episode was recorded by fans at the time of its original broadcast and it survives that way. A fan reconstruction of the episode can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrJd-UAZBs0 with the track appearing at the 7 minute and 46 second mark (it is quite faint but still audible!).

Again, due to a rights issue with Apple, the track cannot be heard on the official BBC CD release of the story as it was substituted with another song.

Thanks for the link.

Paperback Writer is clearly audible.

Incidentally some "new" old Doctor Whos have just been refound. Maybe more possibilities of Beatles connections in there!

wildewoman Nov 02, 2013 05:24 PM

Breaking Bad

Saul Goodman, who is visiting Jesse in the hospital, after Jesse has been beaten horribly, says to Walt as Walt walks in: "You're now the CUTE one of the group! Paul, meet Ringo. Ringo; Paul."

johnnymain Jan 06, 2014 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipp (Post 1121770)
...Incidentally some "new" old Doctor Whos have just been refound. Maybe more possibilities of Beatles connections in there!

Unfortunately there are no Beatle connections in "Enemy of the World" or "The Web of Fear" (the recently found epiosdes).

In fact, "Doctor Who" only directly references The Beatles in "The Chase" and the only time an actual Beatle track is heard is in "Evil of the Daleks".

There was a story set in 1963, "Remembrance of the Daleks" which has a soundalike perfroming "Do You Want To Know A Secret" on a radio because, at the time, the rights to the actual song were unavailable.

beatlelover45223 Jan 06, 2014 12:45 PM

Interesting johnnymain!

beatlebangs1964 Jan 23, 2014 08:16 PM

On the 1/21/14 episode of Pretty Little Liars entitled "Close Encounters," a letter from the Radley (a hospital) has a Dr. Jonell Lennon on the letterhead.

beatlebangs1964 Jan 31, 2014 08:50 PM

On an episode of Gilligan's Island aired 10/65 entitled "Report From Mars," Gilligan is listening to a transistor radio and throwing in "yeah, yeah, yeah" in at the drop of a hat. You can't dodge that Beatle influence, yeah, yeah, yeah!

beatlebangs1964 Feb 07, 2014 03:12 PM

In the 1978 movie An Unmarried Woman, Jill Clayburgh and Lisa Lucas play "Maybe I'm Amazed" on the piano and sing this lovely Paul McCartney classic.

ticket2ride Mar 04, 2014 06:19 AM

They'res a couple Beatles references in The Golden Girls. In one episode Dorothy dates a man from a Beatles tribute band. In another episode the girls are talking about Dorothy's daughter, Kate when this gets said:
Rose: Kate Dated Paul McCartney?
Dorothy: Yes, Rose. They wanted to get engaged but I insisted she finish grade school. LOL

Also in an episode of Gilligan:s Island a mop topped rock band named The Mosquitoes show up on the island so they can flee all of the screaming girls.

beatlebangs1964 Apr 09, 2014 06:34 AM

The April 2, 2014 episode of Modern Family was titled "A Jatd Jay's Fight." A little 1964 reference!