BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Menlove Avenue (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   John in 1980 (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43331)

wildewoman Oct 29, 2011 10:50 AM

A chestnut brunette with auburn red tendencies?

Can we settle on that and Give Peace a chance? :laugh5:

Apple Scruff Oct 29, 2011 11:02 AM

I'm in. I respect wilde's plea for peace between Snoopy and me and this red hair matter and I will agree to GPAC.

Apple Scruff Sep 06, 2014 07:29 PM

bumping this thread! 1980 John never gets tired.

Snoopy66 Sep 07, 2014 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple Scruff (Post 1126754)
bumping this thread! 1980 John never gets tired.

..... :confused: .....

Apple Scruff Sep 07, 2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoopy66 (Post 1126756)
..... :confused: .....

What's the confusion Snoopy? I said 1980 John never gets tired, which means John in 1980 never ceases being interesting...

You don't agree?

hibgal Sep 10, 2014 03:15 PM

I'm sorry, Scruffie but, I can't help but find John + 1980 a rather disturbing topic. I know this thread is all about what he looked like and all that. Still, every time I see pics of John and it's pointed out they're from 1980, it runs through my mind "In less than a year he'll be dead." Rather diminish the enjoyment, if you see what I mean? It's easier when photos from that year simply show up in the pic threads without pushing the date.

Apple Scruff Sep 10, 2014 06:35 PM

Aww, but hib I like to focus on the positivity of that year for John. He became a new man in a lot of ways, the music he was making was amazing and a breath of fresh air, and a lot of it had such a sparkle of joy. He was also dressing so sharp, looking so damn handsome. I'm very much NOT going to think of John in the context of that terrible day. I was born this year so my connection to it is pretty understandable. :smile1:

Maia 66 Sep 11, 2014 06:22 PM

Scruffie, your birthday is one of the coolest things EVER! Here you are this massive John fan and you were born on his last birthday... blows my mind!

1980 John makes me pretty wistful too, but I still think it was a cool year.

Have you seen the screen shots of the August 1980 video? Looks like we may get lucky and see it released!

Apple Scruff Sep 11, 2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maia 66 (Post 1126803)
Scruffie, your birthday is one of the coolest things EVER! Here you are this massive John fan and you were born on his last birthday... blows my mind!

1980 John makes me pretty wistful too, but I still think it was a cool year.

Have you seen the screen shots of the August 1980 video? Looks like we may get lucky and see it released!

Oh my gawd!!!! I want that footage. You got me so excited Maia.

I love any John. I adore 1980 John soooo much and I always think about the great things that happened to/for/from him in that year. Of course I can't ever forget that day- who can- but I don't dwell only on that. I try to think about ALL the plethora of beauty and joy he left us in that year alone.

Maia 66 Sep 11, 2014 08:04 PM

Have you seen Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars? I love that series! Anyway, he injects a little humor into the tragedy of 1980. Watch from about 4:05 until 4:31... http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee....llow-and-tense

Apple Scruff Oct 11, 2014 03:44 PM

I meant to comment about that John reference: I love that John is still SO relevant even though he's been physically gone for so long. It shows that his spirit will never die. It also shows what an awesome and fascinating dude he remains.

Winston O' Boogie Oct 11, 2014 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple Scruff (Post 1127279)
I meant to comment about that John reference: I love that John is still SO relevant even though he's been physically gone for so long. It shows that his spirit will never die. It also shows what an awesome and fascinating dude he remains.

Yes he has been gone for such a long time but true love never dies it just keeps getting brighter!

Apple Scruff Oct 11, 2014 06:47 PM

Thank you Winston for all your zealous and heartfelt postings to remember John and just how incredible he was.

Here everyone. THIS is what I mean when I think of the beautiful moments of 1980. How can anyone's heart not melt:

Snoopy66 Oct 12, 2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple Scruff (Post 1127285)
Thank you Winston for all your zealous and heartfelt postings to remember John and just how incredible he was.

Here everyone. THIS is what I mean when I think of the beautiful moments of 1980. How can anyone's heart not melt:

Oooooohhh Scruffie, I've just melted away !!

This is a TRULY beautiful picture :heart1: And I'm pretty sure that this photograph was taken when John even wasn't aware of it. Just a pity that it's not in a better quality.

Thank you so much for showing it :wave1:

Snoopy

Winston O' Boogie Oct 13, 2014 12:45 AM

Beautiful Boy