BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Menlove Avenue (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   John in 1980 (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43331)

4iiiis May 11, 2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple Scruff (Post 1061560)
^ Those pictures are STUNNING. I think all, but especially the last two are classic John images. That photo with Sean just touches my heart.

He was truly a handsome guy. The up-close is proof enough. In a society that indulges in the superficial joys of plastic surgery, botox, laser skin treatments, fillers, and extra white/fake teeth parts it's refreshing to see a guy look completely natural. Like a 40 year old would look, only he wasn't your typical run-of-the-mill 40-year-old, eh?

Here's some more px of John that show him in a much better light:

Snoopy66 May 12, 2011 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple Scruff (Post 1061521)
I just showed that picture to someone and they can't believe it was him. :afraid4:

Well, people have body hang-ups. But does anyone honestly think he was fat at any point around that 1965 period to be labeled as such? He was a solid guy compared to how skinny he was a couple years prior, but fat? And I have heard people say, "well compared to the other Beatles..." and I'm sorry but no. Paul was not that much thinner than John when John was at his heaviest. I just don't see a fat guy in any of the pics/films/interview clips. He looks completely healthy and normal-sized. The media is so jacked up.

Well, John wasn't fat during the "Help"-period, although it's true that he was a bit "chubby" then compared to the other Beatles :teeth1:, but that doesn't mean "fat" and I think he looked very handsome. I read that soon afterwards he stopped eating meat to lose weight and that it was the reason (besides taking LSD) why he looked much thinner during the last tour in 1966. To be honest, I'd even prefer him during his "chubby"-period :blush4:.

Snoopy

Apple Scruff May 12, 2011 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoopy66 (Post 1061593)
To be honest, I'd even prefer him during his "chubby"-period :blush4:.

Snoopy

Oh my gosh yes. John and George are the most gorgeous in "Help." I do believe John looked amazing during their '66 tour. Although it's not on topic to this thread I'm going to look specifically for those pics Snoopy and post them. Hey, the John forum needs more random posts anyway. :)

Snoopy66 May 12, 2011 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4iiiis (Post 1061570)
Here's some more px of John that show him in a much better light:

Hmm, I'm not sure if the 3rd picture does really show John in a better light :wink2:, much more like "I'm sooooo tired" :teeth1:

But the last two pictures are great; especially the very last one; thank's for sharing :rolling1:

Snoopy

Snoopy66 May 12, 2011 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple Scruff (Post 1061596)
Oh my gosh yes. John and George are the most gorgeous in "Help." I do believe John looked amazing during their '66 tour. Although it's not on topic to this thread I'm going to look specifically for those pics Snoopy and post them. Hey, the John forum needs more random posts anyway. :)

Oh, I also enjoy pictures of John during their tour of 1966; can't wait to see them :cool1:

Yeah, it's cool that the John forum is "(just like) starting over" :teeth1:

Snoopy

Nowhere Anne May 12, 2011 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoopy66 (Post 1061601)
Oh, I also enjoy pictures of John during their tour of 1966; can't wait to see them :cool1:

Yeah, it's cool that the John forum is "(just like) starting over" :teeth1:

Snoopy

Here is one of my favourite 1965 'Help!' photos of John...

A stunning Shea Stadium 1966 tour picture...

And a wonderfully stylish, timeless capture from 1980...

Enjoy! :smile1:

Snoopy66 May 13, 2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nowhere Anne (Post 1061607)
Here is one of my favourite 1965 'Help!' photos of John...

A stunning Shea Stadium 1966 tour picture...

And a wonderfully stylish, timeless capture from 1980...

Hi Nowhere Anne :wave1:

Thank's for the nice pictures :heart1:.... Besides the classics of HELP and the highlights of the Shea Stadium, I always enjoy the last picture; I think he looked even cooler and relaxed than in 1965 :cross2:

Snoopy

Apple Scruff May 13, 2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4iiiis (Post 1061570)

This picture is strikingly great. John looks so good, and so young. I don't ever agree with those statements that claim he looked so much older than his age in 1980 pics. He had just as many pics looking younger and pretty fabulous. I mean, this jacket? He looks like he stepped off the set of Miami Vice.

Apple Scruff May 13, 2011 06:51 PM

1966 John pics I found...

See, this was coming right off of the "fat Beatle" crap and LOOK at how amazing he looks! (I Googled these images so please forgive me if I am not crediting you.)

Snoopy66 May 14, 2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple Scruff (Post 1061695)
This picture is strikingly great. John looks so good, and so young. I don't ever agree with those statements that claim he looked so much older than his age in 1980 pics. He had just as many pics looking younger and pretty fabulous. I mean, this jacket? He looks like he stepped off the set of Miami Vice.

I absolutely agree with you, Apple Scruff :wave1:. I don't think either that John looks older than he was on this picture; he just looked cool :cool1:

... and your comparison with "Miami Vice" concerning his jacket really made me laugh :teeth1:

Snoopy

4iiiis May 14, 2011 06:31 PM

More great John px

http://beatlephotoblog.com/photos/2011/05/117.jpg
http://beatlephotoblog.com/photos/2011/05/23.jpg

What do you think of these?

4iiiis May 14, 2011 06:34 PM

some more....

4iiiis May 14, 2011 06:36 PM

last batch....

Snoopy66 May 16, 2011 12:21 AM

The last picture is my absolute favourite :cool1:

I don't like the first one because of his haircut :wink2: On the other hand, I think John looks great on the second and seventh picture :cross2:

Thank's for sharing :wave1:

Snoopy

Apple Scruff May 16, 2011 03:24 PM

Love this picture, love his glasses:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nowhere Anne (Post 1061607)
[color="RoyalBlue"]

So freakin' handsome:
Quote:

Apple Scruff May 16, 2011 03:35 PM

WOW, he is SO skinny in this picture. He's skinnier than Yoko:
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4iiiis (Post 1061792)

Love this picture, but what are you wearing John honey? Red socks, really? 80's fashion. smh.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4iiiis

But how cute is it that John is rockin' some Addidas? Love it.
Quote:

OMG!!!! Look at his EYELASHES!! So long...this is my favorite pic of them all. Absolutely stunning.
Quote:

Apple Scruff May 20, 2011 08:16 PM

A few I found...

These may not be the best examples, as he looks like a line in all of them. But still thought they were great.

4iiiis May 20, 2011 10:06 PM

Thanks for sharing those AppleScruff! Here's some more...

Hey Yoko! I'm going to sign this one "Cheers... Davy Jones, The Monkees"!

Yiayiayaiyaiyai John! Your hands are so cooooooold!

I make John mad :scream2:, make him put hands back in own pocket!!

4iiiis May 20, 2011 10:14 PM

Alan Ginsburg stops by to visit John and poses with his hat & guitar!

he later hung out with Yoko by the pool....

4iiiis May 21, 2011 10:44 PM

John composing a song during an afternoon 'cat nap'

Look Daddy! I can be nervous and chew my fingernails like you!