BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Bootleg Network (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   BOOTLEGZONE IS GONE (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30251)

FPSHOT Feb 26, 2007 10:48 PM

that was my thoughts too..money-costs.. yet he could have handled that somehow with all these loyal visitors

BadLittleKid Feb 27, 2007 12:57 AM

I don't really want to think about it but people start webpages and then they must still run then when it all gets too big. The internet hasn't been here yet for long and anything unprecedented can happen.

Wogew Feb 27, 2007 02:04 AM

Some of the people from the bootlegzone forum have reassembled at the jpgrmusic forum. It is now the new home of the Come Together project. New Purple Chicks are also announced there.

eppylover Feb 27, 2007 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry (Post 672064)
I would guess it's just money. A huge database like that with all of those pictures is not something you can just throw up on the internet for free for years and years.

Hmmm! Then, would it be logical to assume that this database might be archived somewhere in its entirety?

It boggles my mind to accept something like that being vaporized forever.
But then, my mind is easily boggled. :rolleyes:

Wogew Feb 27, 2007 04:33 AM

The database and scans are probably still on the server's harddisk(s). It's just a matter of getting them from the former administrator of bootlegzone.

eppylover Feb 27, 2007 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wogew (Post 672094)
The database and scans are probably still on the server's harddisk(s). It's just a matter of getting them from the former administrator of bootlegzone.

If that could happen, and someone else had the financial oomph to resurrect it, that would be heaven for some very brokenhearted and devastated members of LJ's "onlyprediction" and "beatlefiles" music sharing communities.

Legs Mar 16, 2007 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wogew (Post 672075)
Some of the people from the bootlegzone forum have reassembled at the jpgrmusic forum. It is now the new home of the Come Together project. New Purple Chicks are also announced there.

It's all very nice promoting another site. But can you tell me or anyone else how to join it when you curently need an invatation to join.
Anyone here left to help out or not?

Lemonjello Mar 16, 2007 07:56 PM

Well, I'm another one to join here since the closing of Bootlegzone. I'll miss the data base and collection managment tools. I have a vast amount of scans saved that I'm archiving (slowly). So if anyone needs a scan, feel free to ask.

jake

bearkat77 Mar 16, 2007 08:41 PM

Welcome to Beatlelinks, Jake! A splendid time is guaranteed for all.

Gentlenatureman Mar 23, 2007 04:20 PM

I am another displaced bootlegzone member. I think any forum is a great place for info.

Legs Mar 24, 2007 07:01 AM

Hi Jake and Gentlenatureman welcome to the forum.

Jake I was thinking of starting a topic about scans, where members can share and ask for scans they need. On the jpgrmusic forum there is a topic about links to sites with scans. Nothing as complete as Bootlegzone ofcourse but I found a few helpfull sites, also Jerry reminded me of the VigoTone site of which I was able to download the scans for the "Listen to this..." bootleg set.
I still need more complete scans of the back covers for the "Absolute elsewhere" set.

Tho this part of the forum is nowhere near as active as the Bootlegzone forum once was, or as the JPGRmusic forum, feel free to ask questions or to discuss bootlegs here.

FPSHOT Mar 24, 2007 07:56 AM

A thread about scans would be nice.... bootleg cover scans that is :wink1:

rockman240 Mar 28, 2007 03:13 PM

BOOTLEG ZONE IS BACK! I bet you don't believe me.:laugh5:

PLGR Apr 29, 2021 07:18 AM

is gone again :sad1: