BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Paperback Writer (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Beatles Fan Fiction Communities on Livejournal (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49241)

jonesingjay Apr 09, 2014 09:47 AM

Beatles Fan Fiction Communities on Livejournal

Hello!

For those of you who read or write Beatles fan fiction, helpisontheway is a great Beatles fan fiction community. It's small, but there are interesting discussions about all kinds of genre regarding The Beatles fan fiction.

If you're looking to post your Beatles fan fiction you should also check ticket_to_read.

Both communities are well run without the worry of drama. helpisontheway is more active. Lots of fun discussions there regarding fic, but I hope things will pick up at ticket_to_read and more writers will contribute their material to the community.

johncharles Apr 18, 2014 05:57 AM

I can't see the content.

jonesingjay Apr 18, 2014 06:12 AM

Helpisontheway is a closed community. You have to be a member to see the posts. Just request to join (You have to be a member of Livejournal to do so.) and one of the mods will approve you.

ticket_to_read has some posts that can be read. If you want to be able to view all of the content there you'll have to request to join as well.

johncharles Apr 18, 2014 09:16 AM

I've created a Livejournal account, but I've read the rules for helpisontheway. Your journal has to be at least six months old. Why is that?

jonesingjay Apr 18, 2014 09:25 AM

It's a safeguard measure, a preventative step to keep people who might cause trouble with newer and possibly fake Livejournal accounts out.

It's part of the reason why helpisontheway was created. A community for writers and readers of Beatles fan fiction to come together without any unwanted drama or issues that other communities have dealt with in the past.

I do hope that the six month wait doesn't stop you from applying for membership in the future.

johncharles Apr 18, 2014 01:23 PM

I have to admit I'm a bit bummed that I'll have to wait to join, but I understand the reasoning for the wait with newer accounts. I've seen some problems arise in other open membership Beatles fan fiction communities were the content was viewable to anyone.

johncharles Apr 19, 2014 02:46 AM

Could you recommend any Beatles fan fiction communities on Livejournal that are active with open membership or at least not such a long wait list?

jonesingjay Apr 19, 2014 08:29 AM

One right off the top of my head would be BFFD - Beatles Fan Fiction Directory. It's another Livejournal community. You can discuss Beatles Fan Fiction there and post your stories as well.

I'm unsure of the guidelines about membership, but if you contact the mod, Miss O'Dell she can fill you in. She's also a member of this site as well and uses the same screen name. She's good about responding to PM's on Livejournal.

I don't know how active BFFD is these days. I'm no longer a member there. It was an open community at one point, but because of some difficulties it became closed. I'm not sure if it's still closed or has been open again. I hope that helps.

johncharles Apr 19, 2014 10:06 AM

Thank you! I already know about BFFD. That place isn't active. Why did you leave?

jonesingjay Apr 20, 2014 01:50 AM

I don't want to distract from the initial post in this thread. If you're inclined to do so, feel free to contact me through private message. I'll be more than happy to answer anymore of your questions that aren't directly related to helpisontheway and ticket_to_read.

Miss O'Dell Apr 28, 2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johncharles (Post 1124578)
Thank you! I already know about BFFD. That place isn't active. Why did you leave?

Hi

- BFFD is active, but as with any internet forum/community its only as active as its members are.
- It was closed/private for a while, but its public now and has been for about a year or so. I think.
- To post/comment you need to be a member, and membership is moderated but only really due to keeping spammers out. No waiting list or anything like that.
- When you're a member you can post. Your posts can be public or members only, it's up to you.

:)

johncharles Apr 30, 2014 03:29 PM

Maybe, with things settled down, people will come back and start contributing, and there will be discussions and more stories being posted there. For the moment, it appears to be a bit quiet these days.

beatlebangs1964 May 08, 2014 06:38 PM

Be sure to check out www.rooftopsessions.com as well

johncharles May 09, 2014 01:56 PM

I know of that community. What I'm interested in is active communities for Beatles Fan Fiction that has discussions as well.

Miss O'Dell May 25, 2014 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 (Post 1124869)
Be sure to check out www.rooftopsessions.com as well

Any news about Rooftop Sessions, Beatlebangs? Any resurgence on the horizon yet?

jonesingjay Jun 07, 2014 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss O'Dell (Post 1125224)
Any news about Rooftop Sessions, Beatlebangs? Any resurgence on the horizon yet?

Unfortunately, I think it's one of those communities that will never be updated again.

wildewoman Sep 13, 2015 04:40 PM

rooftopsessions.com

No longer exists. Too bad.

jonesingjay Sep 14, 2015 01:14 PM

Completely gone? That really is too bad.

beatlebangs1964 Sep 15, 2015 06:41 PM

Damn! I love Rooftop Sessions!

Miss O'Dell May 24, 2016 05:01 AM

A while ago, I 'spoke' to Susan who said she was planning on moving Rooftops to a free domain site, but nothing has transpired yet. Still, fingers crossed. You can read it all still on Wayback Machine. I still hope for a Rooftops return!