BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Not Only A Northern Song (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What was your 1st concert? (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41418)

Esmirelda Jul 26, 2010 04:15 AM

What was your 1st concert?

Mine was David Bowie; the Ziggy Stardust tour. I was just a kid...amazed that Mom let me go.

What was yours?

Badgirl66 Jul 26, 2010 04:31 AM

http://www.garagehangover.com/?q=Tidbits

auweia

you are now 50 Yars old??

JudithKristen Jul 26, 2010 05:03 AM

I used to see those "Dick Clark" Caravan of Stars shows because some of us had older siblings, and they HAD to take us. LOTSA acts played in Philly because of Bandstand, of course, Manhattan was so close by and there was also Steel Pier in Atlantic City!
So we were in the right place at the right time:)

I got to see Sam Cooke, Jackie Wilson, Fabian, Bobby Rydell, Frankie Avalon, Neil Sedaka, Jerry Lee Lewis, The Drifters, Freddy "Boom Boom" Cannon, The Everly Brothers, Dion and The Belmonts, Chubby Checker, Buddy Holly, The Marvelettes, The Miracles...
BUT, my first in house BIG concert? It was The Beatles at the Washington D.C. Coliseum on February 11th, 1964!
I was 15. Woo-Hoooooooooo!!!!! After that, I saw them 8 more times in Person.
It was heaven. It really, really was!!!!
What could top The Beatles? :)

Maggie Mae Jul 26, 2010 09:16 AM

I can't top The Beatles, but I'm pretty sure the first concert I ever paid to see was a Backstreet Boys concert in 1997 or so... I know, I know, but I was a teenager and they were popular and I have to admit that being surrounded by 25,000 screaming fans was definitely an experience. I had been to so many smaller, free concerts (most memorably, the time I saw the Beach Boys play a concert after a baseball game in my town, and John Stamos cameoed... I was about five and went nuts for Uncle Jessy!!!) and since then I've been to so many way better shows (while I don't enjoy their music, I loved the show KISS put on!), but the BSB own that top spot, for better or worse...

I like Ringo Jul 26, 2010 09:26 AM

My first concert was with Paul McCartney at Johanneshovs Isstadion in September 1989.
I was seventeen years old, and I was actually chocked that he was a real person :bigeyes3:

Brainwashed Jul 26, 2010 04:05 PM

The Rolling Stones in 2003 at MSG. That show was a great show, and I will never forget it.

twovirgins Jul 27, 2010 01:12 AM

Berlin in 1982 at Marriots great America park

Hari's Chick Jul 27, 2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudithKristen (Post 1023000)
I used to see those "Dick Clark" Caravan of Stars shows because some of us had older siblings, and they HAD to take us. LOTSA acts played in Philly because of Bandstand, of course, Manhattan was so close by and there was also Steel Pier in Atlantic City!
So we were in the right place at the right time:)

I got to see Sam Cooke, Jackie Wilson, Fabian, Bobby Rydell, Frankie Avalon, Neil Sedaka, Jerry Lee Lewis, The Drifters, Freddy "Boom Boom" Cannon, The Everly Brothers, Dion and The Belmonts, Chubby Checker, Buddy Holly, The Marvelettes, The Miracles...
BUT, my first in house BIG concert? It was The Beatles at the Washington D.C. Coliseum on February 11th, 1964!
I was 15. Woo-Hoooooooooo!!!!! After that, I saw them 8 more times in Person.
It was heaven. It really, really was!!!!
What could top The Beatles? :)

How fun!! Those Dick Clark shows sound like heaps of fun! And of course the Beatles as a first official concert ~ lucky girl!

The first concert I chose to go to was the Bee Gees. It was great, the Spirits Having Flown tour. I went with my cousin and her Bee Gee friends (pen pals) and my aunt. It was at Dodger Stadium and general admission. The gates opened and you had to just run like hell to get good seats.

My cousin and her friends took off running fast. My Aunt, though, had diabetes and was pretty ill already back then. In their excitement, they just took off running and left my Aunt entirely behind. I stayed with her and we ran, much slower.

When we got inside, my cousin and her friends were way up near the front... like three rows away from the stage. My Aunt asked if she could join her party up front and the people were so nice, really. It was a nice moment where humanity doesn't totally suck.. they actually let us through.

beatlelover45223 Jul 27, 2010 09:24 PM

Beatles, Boston 1966......

motherTheresa Jul 28, 2010 09:58 AM

beach boys for my 18th birthday.

MaccaGirl2891 Jul 28, 2010 04:12 PM

The Who in March 2007. My dad got us tickets on my 16th birthday and we went the next month. Some random guy said that my dad was the coolest dad ever for bringing me. :laugh5:

That's been my closest Beatles encounter, since Ringo's son Zak is the drummer.

ChrisG134 Jul 29, 2010 02:25 PM

Andy Gibb

Harb83 Jul 29, 2010 03:05 PM

Paul McCartney on his Back in the World tour. He played the Birmingham NEC and I went to see him there. It was great - the position meant that I could see him clearly without needing binoculars or anything. What a view!

And how long it blimmen lasted! 3 hours without a break. Me backside went numb!

Blackguard Jul 29, 2010 04:16 PM

Blood, Sweat & Tears The Mid Hudson Civic Center, Poughkeepsie, NY probably in 1977.

In My Life Jul 29, 2010 05:05 PM

Hermans Hermits, also on the same show were, The Honeycombs, and Dave Berry.

In My Life Jul 29, 2010 05:16 PM

The next show was The Bee Gees when they were a 5 piece band, the Gibb Brothers and Colin Petersen with Vince Melouney, also on this tour were Paul McCartney's proteges Grapefruit.

Beatle4 Jul 29, 2010 07:29 PM

I'm jealous. In my 50+ years, I've never been to a live concert. Who knows, maybe someday.

bobdude Jul 29, 2010 11:35 PM

Linda Ronstadt and The Stone Ponies and Rick Nelson and the Stone Canyon Band. 1972 California State Fair. That got me started on a road to where I have seen many, many wonderful artist. I'm sure as most of you here have.

Beatleboy Jul 30, 2010 11:43 AM

Sheena Easton at the Dee Events Center up in Ogden was my first concert, when I was 11. My mom took my cousin and I because she was working for a concert promoter, at the time. A couple of months later, that same concert promoter hooked us up to go see Michael Jackson in Denver, believe it or not.

JudithKristen Jul 30, 2010 12:23 PM

Let's EVERYBODY get together and take Beatle4 to a concert!!!!

A 50 year wait is long enough!