BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Menlove Avenue (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Dear John: why so beautiful? (A picspam) (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43745)

Apple Scruff Jun 19, 2011 09:52 AM

Dear John: why so beautiful? (A picspam)

I decided to create this picspam for John because I was inspired by some lovely posts in this very forum.

I don't think John, who is acknowledged for a lot of things, is often given enough recognition for the fact that he was quite an astonishingly handsome man. In fact, I think he's now become the Handsome Beatle in my eyes. Quite an achievement, because I still hold George Harrison as high on the looks scale as I did when I was 5 years old and declared him my favorite. But John has now taken that spot and it happened slowly and gracefully in a most subtle and unbelievable way.

Yoko Ono once said:

Quote:

"In person, John was a much more attractive man than the one you saw in photos and films. He had very fair, delicate skin and soft, sandy hair with a touch of red in it when the light hit a certain way."
Well, I never had the advantage of seeing John in person, so my feelings have only photos to back them. In that regard, John's looks are quite underrated because he possessed so many other dynamic qualities that seemed to overshadow them.

I think John himself most likely didn't even see it. So, my friends, I present my first-ever picspam that will be entirely based around beautiful pictures of John Lennon. I understand the complete and utter shallowness of such a project and I don't care.

Please share as many pictures as you want on the matter...and I'm not a sexist so perhaps those men who feel uncomfortable with this can open up and participate as they see fit. Thanks.

Apple Scruff Jun 19, 2011 09:56 AM

"All you need is 3 chords"

Accessorizing with ease

Love me

Apple Scruff Jun 19, 2011 09:58 AM

The predecessor to the iPod plane ride

No semblance of normality

"Alright John, give us your smolder."

Apple Scruff Jun 19, 2011 10:01 AM

Those eyes

"Darling, my face is my fortune so be careful."

70's rock star

Apple Scruff Jun 19, 2011 10:03 AM

Cup of English tea

"No, you're not getting what I said at all..."

"Girl, NO"

Apple Scruff Jun 19, 2011 10:06 AM

"I've got songs wrestling about in my head and I can't sleep."

Love me

"Can I sleep right here?"

Apple Scruff Jun 19, 2011 10:08 AM

"You're just like an angel, your skin makes me cry..."~ Radiohead

Mr. Badass

Preppy

Apple Scruff Jun 19, 2011 10:10 AM

Portrait of the Man

Love Me

# 9 Dream

Apple Scruff Jun 19, 2011 10:12 AM

"You again?"

Measure these lashes

The John smile: a rare and beautiful thing

Apple Scruff Jun 19, 2011 10:15 AM

"When I'm in the middle of a dream, stay in bed..."

Trying times

Look of wisdom

Apple Scruff Jun 19, 2011 10:17 AM

THIS man

John's attempt at a puppy dog face

Live in your socks

BeatleNut9 Jun 19, 2011 12:03 PM

HOT!

wallrus59 Jun 19, 2011 01:21 PM

scruffie, me thinks you have a thing for john or is that an understatment?

gk.

Maia 66 Jun 19, 2011 02:52 PM

Love this thread... your pics are all so gorgeous, Scruff! You've posted some of my all-time faves!

One thing that strikes me about John's handsomeness is that his face had such classic lines... I mean classic aesthetically. The nose, of course, but also his eyes, and his mouth. I posted that comment on another site and someone responded: "Harry Bensen (Photographer of pillowfight fame) thought John was the best looking, for the same reason."

This photo highlights it perfectly:

Maia 66 Jun 19, 2011 03:01 PM

Here are some other faves that I'm reposting from Miss Tammy's Beatle Photo Blog:

Here's a classic photo of your two handsome boys, Scruff: :eyebrows:

Maia 66 Jun 19, 2011 03:08 PM

...and some more:

How unbelievably cool does he look here?? :cool1:

This one is a sentimental favorite of mine:

Apple Scruff Jun 19, 2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallrus59 (Post 1066854)
scruffie, me thinks you have a thing for john or is that an understatment?

gk.

You beacon of wisdom, how perceptive of you! Now please don't be turned away...contribute wallrus!! There's got to be at least one you can share. You don't have to call it "beautiful" you know.

Apple Scruff Jun 19, 2011 03:23 PM

Maia, I LOVE all of those, especially your sentimental favorite! Thank you for sharing...let's keep at it. :smile2:

In 1966 he looked like this and he wrote "Strawberry Fields Forever"...perfect year much?

ICON

Looking a tad toasted Mr. Sexy

Maia 66 Jun 19, 2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple Scruff (Post 1066895)
Now please don't be turned away...contribute wallrus!! There's got to be at least one you can share. You don't have to call it "beautiful" you know.

Yeah, there are plenty of shots of John looking cool. For example...

Here are some great shots of his unbelievable profile:

Apple Scruff Jun 19, 2011 03:24 PM

Artist as a Man

Nervous Thinker