BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Here, There & Everywhere (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   How to. (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49652)

liverpool-lad Aug 14, 2015 12:59 AM

How to.

how do you delete ones own post on here, and delete account?
thanks.

Zimmerman The Gnome Aug 14, 2015 08:14 AM

Why??

liverpool-lad Aug 14, 2015 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zimmerman The Gnome (Post 1128836)
Why??

I want to delete and leave the forum.

liverpool-lad Aug 15, 2015 05:49 AM

There must be a moderator that can answer this.

Zimmerman The Gnome Aug 15, 2015 09:28 AM

Just leave and never log in again...see ya!

liverpool-lad Aug 15, 2015 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zimmerman The Gnome (Post 1128844)
Just leave and never log in again...see ya!

yes very witty. want all my info gone from site see.

Zimmerman The Gnome Aug 15, 2015 09:50 AM

Just a shame that's all. One day you posting a pic of your new car next day you want to vanish. We need all the active members we can get here. Please reconsider?!

liverpool-lad Aug 15, 2015 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zimmerman The Gnome (Post 1128846)
Just a shame that's all. One day you posting a pic of your new car next day you want to vanish. We need all the active members we can get here. Please reconsider?!

ok, thanks for your thoughts.

Uncle_Albert Aug 16, 2015 01:58 AM

Rarely will close the account of his other posts just their trash and are then gone forever.

hibgal Aug 16, 2015 02:40 AM

I'm no expert but, from my experience, accounts are not deleted. My guess it's because of the ban feature, else 'trolls' could recreate their accounts forever. As to deleting posts/threads, only the admin or the mod for that particular subforum can do it. You can edit your own posts for up to 24 hrs after posting, after that they are locked and only admin/mods can edit or delete. Unfortunately for you, as we've discussed elsewhere, the mod activity on this forum is low and in some cases nonexistent. You can always try to PM the mod as it sometimes wake them up. :nono3:

Sorry to see you go though.

liverpool-lad Aug 16, 2015 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibgal (Post 1128851)
I'm no expert but, from my experience, accounts are not deleted. My guess it's because of the ban feature, else 'trolls' could recreate their accounts forever. As to deleting posts/threads, only the admin or the mod for that particular subforum can do it. You can edit your own posts for up to 24 hrs after posting, after that they are locked and only admin/mods can edit or delete. Unfortunately for you, as we've discussed elsewhere, the mod activity on this forum is low and in some cases nonexistent. You can always try to PM the mod as it sometimes wake them up. :nono3:

Sorry to see you go though.

thanks hibgal, might take the thoughts of Zimmy and stay.

beatlebangs1964 Aug 17, 2015 06:26 AM

Hibgal is right. That is a real problem on facebook. Trolls have been known to create multiple accounts. NEVER friend anybody on facebook unless you know them or somebody in your friends' circle can vouch for them. ALWAYS be suspicious of a profile that has no picture. NEVER sign on ANY website via facebook. That way you won't be as easy to track.

Zimmerman The Gnome Aug 17, 2015 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liverpool-lad (Post 1128855)
thanks hibgal, might take the thoughts of Zimmy and stay.

Good man! An asset to the forum!

Rellevart Aug 24, 2015 10:06 AM

If there is a particular post that you want deleted, bring it to the moderator or admin's attention and we can do that for you. If you want to have all your posts deleted, I think that would be way too time consuming.

Be nice to have you stick around!

Rellevart Aug 24, 2015 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibgal (Post 1128851)
Unfortunately for you, as we've discussed elsewhere, the mod activity on this forum is low and in some cases nonexistent.

I try to pop in at least once a week and look around, but I was unusually busy last week and didn't make it.

hibgal Aug 25, 2015 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rellevart (Post 1128915)
I try to pop in at least once a week and look around, but I was unusually busy last week and didn't make it.

Yes, I know you do, Relle. It was a general observation as there are mods/admin that haven't shown their faces here in years. Doesn't create a good impression, really, it doesn't. :nono3:

Rellevart Aug 26, 2015 08:51 AM

True enough. But other than yesterday, there hasn't really been anybody around to make an impression on! :)

Lynner Aug 31, 2015 06:22 PM

Jerry could probably delete an account, but most folks just stop posting. Sorry for chiming in late. Life's been getting in the way of Beatlelinks. :smile1: