BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Abbey Road (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Stupidest Thing to Say to a Beatles Fan (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1563)

MaccaOnTheRun May 22, 2003 04:27 PM

The Stupidest Thing to Say to a Beatles Fan

Have you ever had a time, that frusterated you as a Beatles fan? I sure have, here's what happened.

I happened to be on the internet, singing songs like usual, badly. When a certain person decided to IM me. They asked me, "Who's your buddy icon?" I replied with, "Only one of the greatest singers, Paul McCartney of the band, The Beatles! Made up of Paul, John, George, and Ringo!" I probably didn't need to be that detailed but she paused then said, "Oh. Who?" I described how these were The Beatles from the sixties. She replied with, "OH. That's why the picture looks so old." So, I rushed in, and switched my picture saying, "I have a recent one of him! He's not dead yet, thankfully." She paused again, seeing the modern day Paul and replied, "Who's that?"

For her sake, I hope she was just joking about the last question.. But as I explained it again to her, simpler.. It seemed as if she wasn't. [img]graemlins/angry11.gif[/img]

So, anyone else got a Beatle Fan frusterating moment?

Travis May 22, 2003 07:06 PM

Re: The Stupidest Thing to Say to a Beatles Fan

LOL! That girl must have been 12.

Beatle_soul May 22, 2003 07:55 PM

yeah theres a style at my high school called "Sarcasem" so everyone wears what they hate
everyone i mean everyone im seriose

one girl wore a cartoon Beatles shirt today and she is in the "Popular group"

verry odd relly?\

its just a new style

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

misslennon_909 May 22, 2003 08:21 PM

I almost pounded someone when they asked, "What would it take to have a Beatles reunion?" I was about to tell them that it was impossible when they laughed, "Two more bullets!"

OH, that made me mad!!

leonardobeat May 22, 2003 08:59 PM

I've heard all kind of comments about The Beatles since I'm fan and here you have some of them:

" Who are they? " ---- Classsical

" Aren't they all dead? " ---- Another classical one

" Do you like The Beatles, Leo? My grandfather likes them too" ----- Annoying

" John Lennon was a Beatle? You must be talking about the father of the one who wrote Imagine. Right, Leo? " ---- No comments [img]graemlins/images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] *

" Oh yes..The Beatles were important because they invented the old rock and roll " ---- Oh God, what did I do to deserve this??

D-HaRrIsOnSgUrl28 May 22, 2003 09:01 PM

once my frined jaminna got me mad she was all so who are thoose guys on ur shirt? OMFG!! that got me so pissed if she hadnt got a clue considering im allways talking bout them i mean come on thats so anoying

lennon4 May 22, 2003 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted By Travis:
LOL! That girl must have been 12.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">First of all, welcome, Travis! Nice to have you on board. [img]graemlins/teeth1.gif[/img]

Second of all, you'll grow to learn that age really doesn't have anything to do with intelligence. You'll see plenty examples (even on this board) of how people will either be younger or older than you expected.

-lennon4

DizzymissLizzy909 May 22, 2003 09:37 PM

I definately get annoyed at the "The Beatles? Aren't they all dead?" thing. It seems EVERYONE asks me it! Really, two of them are still performing! They're barely sixty, yet everyone thinks they're ancient. (Sixty isn't old, is it... is it???) Anyhow, grr, this is one stupid line that always gets to me!

lennon4 May 22, 2003 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted By DizzymissLizzy909:
(Sixty isn't old, is it... is it???)
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Age is relative, IMO. My dad turns 62 tomorrow. Does he appear old? Yes, very. Paul will be 61 this year. Does he appear old? No, not at all. It's all in how someone acts, I think.

-lennon4

HMVNipper May 23, 2003 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted By misslennon_909:
I almost pounded someone when they asked, "What would it take to have a Beatles reunion?" I was about to tell them that it was impossible when they laughed, "Two more bullets!"

OH, that made me mad!!

<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Sigh...that's an old and very nasty joke, people used to say that to me after John died, only the answer THEN was "three more."

People who have to harrass others or ridicule them for liking something they don't like need to get a life, IMO.

chaitanya May 23, 2003 04:00 AM

Once I was talking 'bout Beatles with a colleague
('coz I have Yellow sub wallpaper on my pc at work),and He said 'Yes they were great but I can't stand all those girlies crying around...'

No comment.

p.s. Welcome Travis ! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Rellevart May 23, 2003 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted By lennon4:
Age is relative, IMO.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Absolutely. My friend Val at work is 61 and you'd never know it. I have friends my age who are ancient! It also changes depending on how old you are too.....when I was 20, I thought people who are the age I am currently were pretty much past it. Now I realize that at least I'M not past it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

ghfan1965 May 23, 2003 07:24 AM

I don't talk about them much anymore; back in the mid-80s, I had a roommate who said they "looked like geeks".

HMVNipper May 23, 2003 07:34 AM

Most of the time people don't even comment -- but I have lots of Beatles pictures on the walls in my living room, including a framed print of one of the very early publicity shots of them in their leather gear...and I had some telephone guys working in my apartment one day, and the supervisor was looking at the pics on the wall and asked me, "WHO are THEY?" I said, "The Beatles." He looked closer at the picture and said, "Man, they look like fags or somethin' in those leather pants!" (NO, I do NOT condone the use of that HORRID, NASTY word, I'm just saying what the guy said to ME!) I hastened to assure him that they weren't, but I have to admit that I was really quite appalled! This wasn't a really young guy, either -- I'd say he was at the most 5-6 years younger than I am...

Harb83 May 23, 2003 09:09 AM

I hate it when people think you're different because you like a band that has talent. All of these kids say that the Beatles were rubbish and old and all of their songs were crap, and then go home and put on Eminem, Korn, Slipknot etc which is just noise with profanity.

At least the Beatles wrote songs that you can tell apart from the others!

beatlegirl9977 May 23, 2003 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted By HMVNipper:
I had some telephone guys working in my apartment one day, and the supervisor was looking at the pics on the wall and asked me, "WHO are THEY?" I said, "The Beatles." He looked closer at the picture and said, "Man, they look like fags or somethin' in those leather pants!" (NO, I do NOT condone the use of that HORRID, NASTY word, I'm just saying what the guy said to ME!) I hastened to assure him that they weren't, but I have to admit that I was really quite appalled! This wasn't a really young guy, either -- I'd say he was at the most 5-6 years younger than I am...
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I would have refused to pay the bill for their work. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Ruby Soho May 23, 2003 03:54 PM

I've had people ask me "Who's that?" whenever I wear a Beatles shirt or Paul, John shirt.

I'm always talking about the Beatles with my Speech teacher (like, "I was watching the Beatles DVD last night", "I listened to the Beatles before school!"...etc) and one day this kid (he's not very bright, keep in mind) goes "Man, y'all are always talking about beetles, why don't you talk about another insect for a change!" I was like ..oh boy. One of these days I'll educate him about the Beatles [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

mccartneymaniac May 23, 2003 06:38 PM

some people need enlightment.our paul never looked or sounded better. maybe that person needs to hear the music tell her try the new music in in laws. paul is great.

Ahcri Slate May 23, 2003 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted By misslennon_909:

OH, that made me mad!!

<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">LOL! That's one of my favourite jokes, actually, I find myself telling it quite often. You must hate me now...

ImaginePeace78 May 23, 2003 07:44 PM

I wouldn't have given those morons a tip for their telephone "service." How dare they call the Beatles that!
-Kristi