BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Act Naturally (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How many movies/tv shows can you think of that have something to do with The Beatles (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35038)

heyjude May 29, 2009 05:07 PM

In Gossip Girl, one episode started with gossip girl saying " Four wisemen once said, You get by with a little help from your friends, but in this city how can you tell who's your friends? yada yada yada"

On an episode of Just Shoot Me!, Dennis (David Spade) used the quote 'In the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make' as a pickup line for girls. They bought it (obvs :laugh5:)

heyjude Jun 04, 2009 05:29 PM

I was watching Bill Nye today and a little kid dressed up in the 'mop top' look said "England is famous for tea, The Beatles, and soccer!"

That's right. The Beatles even made their way to Bill Nye.

lennonluvr9 Jun 07, 2009 06:03 AM

Yeah I remember that episode! Geez, Bill Nye. I was a big fan of that show...

heyjude Jun 07, 2009 07:06 PM

It's amazing how it's a kid's show, but here I am watching it in a gr.11 class! I'm sure they show it in university too :wink2:

beatlebangs1964 Jun 26, 2009 01:38 PM

On the J5 cartoon pilot episode, (1970) Berry Gordy tells Diana Ross, "I don't care if they're [the Jackson 5] the Beatles rolled into 5!"

heyjude Jul 15, 2009 09:45 AM

Hehe, I went to the Bruno movie last night and Paul was in it! Kinda.
It was a fashion show montage where Bruno was making a scene, and he went to Stella's Paris fashion show. For 3 seconds, it flashed to Paul who was sitting a few seats over! Hooray :)

ilianna Jul 15, 2009 10:07 PM

I was watching Comedy Central and a new show came on called "Michael and Michael Have Issues" and one Micheal said that he was John and that the other Michael was his Ringo. It was funny.

lennonluvr9 Jul 16, 2009 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyjude (Post 964741)
Hehe, I went to the Bruno movie last night and Paul was in it! Kinda.
It was a fashion show montage where Bruno was making a scene, and he went to Stella's Paris fashion show. For 3 seconds, it flashed to Paul who was sitting a few seats over! Hooray :)

Haha! That's kinda funny. I wonder if he was aware that was going on.

bearkat77 Jul 19, 2009 09:10 AM

A new show on the Sci-Fi channel called Warehouse 13. Saul Rubinek plays Artie Nielsen, the director of Warehouse 13 says something to this effect:

All music leaves a DNA signature. It's what makes the Beatles sound like the Beatles.

mluque125 Jul 19, 2009 12:59 PM

A guy in Heartbreak Kid had a shirt that said 1940-1980.

heyjude Jul 20, 2009 11:40 PM

Don't know if this has been posted, but my brother watched the beginning of Trailer Park Boys, and the episode was titled 'Give Peace A Chance'

lennonluvr9 Jul 27, 2009 05:17 AM

The Powerpuff Girls had an episode called Get Back Mojo, and there was another episode with Mojo and Princess where they were trying to trick the girls into coming to Mojo's place. Mojo had Princess call them and say "Help, I need somebody, Help, not just anybody, Help, I need the Powerpuff Girls"

Len'scool133 Jul 31, 2009 02:46 PM

I love all the beatle references in powerpuff girls

bearkat77 Jul 31, 2009 04:51 PM

In the last episode of "In Plain Sight", Marshall checks out Mary's engagment ring and it gets stuck on his finger.

Marshall: I'm Ringo!?!
Mary: What?
Marshall: The Beatles' movie "Help!". Ringo gets a ring stuck on his finger. When did I become Ringo?

ilianna Aug 03, 2009 01:47 PM

In 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off', they play "Twist and Shout" and everyone in the parade starts dancing and singing. It was great.

ilianna Aug 03, 2009 08:16 PM

I saw Funny People tonight, and they played about two or three John Lennon songs in the background. On of them "Real Love" Adam Sandler actually sang. Then they also played "Photograph" and "Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)" in the background as well.

mluque125 Aug 04, 2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilianna (Post 968533)
I saw Funny People tonight, and they played about two or three John Lennon songs in the background. On of them "Real Love" Adam Sandler actually sang. Then they also played "Photograph" and "Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)" in the background as well.

Ah, maybe it's worth renting the DVD then! Haha.

beatlebangs1964 Aug 07, 2009 06:58 AM

Even though I never liked the Powerpuff Girls (I thought they looked very insectile with prehensile flippers) and that mayor with the tiny hat, despite the lack of asthetic appeal I feel the cartoon has, I had to laugh at the Beatle spoof episode. That spoof on Yoko WAS funny. I also loved all the Beatle song titles cropping up in almost every utterance a character made.

ilianna Aug 09, 2009 09:53 AM

I remember seeing in 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button' they were dancing and on the television were the Beatles on Ed Sullivan playing "Twist and Shout".

ilianna Aug 09, 2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mluque125 (Post 968725)
Ah, maybe it's worth renting the DVD then! Haha.

Haha I suppose. I wanted my money back after seeing that movie.