BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Here, There & Everywhere (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Minor Irritants (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48547)

John's lover girl Mar 02, 2013 12:26 PM

when i talk to the school concealer about being teased they normally say either "ignore it" just like BB mentioned. or they say "what did you do to bring it onto your self" drives me nuts which is why I've given up on talking to school counsellers all together.

The New AimeeAndBeatles Mar 02, 2013 02:39 PM

Same thing happened to me, except to the extent that I was being shoved into walls and being told to "ignore it." And now the same idiots are making a big fucking deal about cyberbullying. If they can't even handle real-life bullying that's done on school property they have no business handling what's online.

Anyways, my minor irritant is that I had an accident involving spilling a bottle of some form of cleaning chemical and I lost some of the vision in my left eye. I have eyedrops for it and sometimes it seems like its helping but then I woke up this morning and it was worse. I hope it isn't permanent.

Lynner Mar 04, 2013 03:58 AM

Aimee, hope your vision is better soon.

JLG, have you talked to your parents about this? I hope they go to the school and talk to your counselors.

I've exchanged emails with my son's teacher (where the teasing has been happening.) She is going to stay on top of this, as will I and it seems to be better.

The New AimeeAndBeatles Mar 04, 2013 11:10 AM

Yeah, the current eye functioning today seems to be at 80%, though it's tough to estimate, really. It's getting rather annoying when trying to play Half-Life; enemies like to run into the field of vision of my left eye so I lose them. And then I shot a scientist by mistake. (Good god, that sounds evil outside the context of the game.)

John's lover girl Mar 04, 2013 02:56 PM

from carrying my bag of sketching stuff with me i have a terrible neck and solder ache

hibgal Mar 04, 2013 03:40 PM

Awful week

Had to put down my cat after she became acutely ill. Monday morning week she seemed fine - Friday half hour after noon she was no more. :cry1:

John's lover girl Mar 04, 2013 03:58 PM

i send a hug to you hibgal. even though i never had to do that i do know what its like to loose a well loved cat

beatlelover45223 Mar 04, 2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibgal (Post 1117779)
Had to put down my cat after she became acutely ill. Monday morning week she seemed fine - Friday half hour after noon she was no more. :cry1:

Awww, I am so sorry to read this hibgal, you now have another angel to watch over you ! ((hugs))

Lynner Mar 05, 2013 04:09 AM

Sorry, hib. Cats are lovely pets.

beatlebangs1964 Mar 05, 2013 05:07 PM

Please accept my condolences for the loss of your cat, Hib.

beatlebangs1964 Mar 16, 2013 05:39 AM

A picayune complaint, but here goes.

I hate Get Fuzzy with an Aries passion. I think it is an asinine strip. Bucky the Kat makes no damn sense; Satchel the Sharpei-Lab is the only nice character, although he ain't too sharp and sadly didn't inherit the curly tail and Rob Wilco is just a loser and a Jackhole. I hate the character of Rob Wilco and think he is a schlimiel, a Jackhole and a loser and a very unappealing fool. That strip makes absolutely no sense and Jackhole Rob belongs in the toilet or lining the bottom of a bird cage.

Two grackle birds landed on a table outside where people ate.

beatlelover45223 Mar 17, 2013 07:40 PM

Second Sunday in a row, chicken barbeque dinner has been snowed out, a friend who has severe bone degeneration can't make it to my house when slippery outside, so we are meeting Tuesday.....

beatlebangs1964 Mar 17, 2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The New AimeeAndBeatles (Post 1117721)
Same thing happened to me, except to the extent that I was being shoved into walls and being told to "ignore it." And now the same idiots are making a big f******deal about cyberbullying. If they can't even handle real-life bullying that's done on school property they have no business handling what's online.

Anyways, my minor irritant is that I had an accident involving spilling a bottle of some form of cleaning chemical and I lost some of the vision in my left eye. I have eyedrops for it and sometimes it seems like its helping but then I woke up this morning and it was worse. I hope it isn't permanent.

Language, please. I hope your eye improves.

Fools who blow off and trivialize bullying really make me :angry1: :angry6:

I'm sick of the same old lousy songs at work. I wish the powers that be would change the darn music loop. Nobody likes it.

beatlebangs1964 Mar 17, 2013 10:05 PM

BL, I am sorry about your friend's condition and hope your friend's health improves.

VersusBatman Mar 18, 2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibgal (Post 1117779)

I know the feeling.:cry2:

beatlebangs1964 Mar 19, 2013 06:42 PM

So do I. :cry2: :sad1:

beatlelover45223 Mar 20, 2013 12:05 AM

Thanks bb1964, it went well Tuesday and the chicken was fantastic!

John's lover girl Mar 20, 2013 09:15 AM

people at lunch today were such jerks

beatlelover45223 Mar 21, 2013 07:19 PM

Sorry to hear this John's lover girl, keep your chin up, their not worth your thought, one day you will see this, don't let them get you down, laugh at them, like you have an inside joke! :wink2:

hibgal Mar 24, 2013 12:01 PM

Thank you all for the kind words when I lost Bes. It was such a shock as she was rather young and we'd expected to have her with us for many years to come.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VersusBatman (Post 1118108)
I know the feeling.:cry2:

Yeah, it's awful losing one's pet. :hug1: They become such an integral part of the family, don't they? And it's as hard every time they're gone. Sometimes I wonder why we do it over and over again, yet, they bring such joy while with us that somehow it outweighs the sorrows many times over!

In fact, we're picking up a new cat today. Not that we ever forget Bes but, as my son said, when losing her there were two empty spots in his life; one labeled Bes, which can't be filled, and another just 'family cat' that can. So we did.