BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Here, There & Everywhere (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Minor Irritants (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48547)

beatlelover45223 Feb 15, 2013 12:14 AM

Glad to read this Jaye!

Lynner Feb 15, 2013 04:45 AM

Jaye, that's wonderfully awesome news on your cousin! Hopefully all of the tumor has been removed????

MaccaGirl2891 Feb 15, 2013 06:59 PM

Lynn, I think they removed all of the part of his brain that had the tumor. I don't have any other details except his surgery went well and he should recover smoothly.

Lynner Feb 16, 2013 05:20 AM

That's wonderful!

John's lover girl Feb 16, 2013 10:38 AM

i had to ban my self from the one video game store due to the fact that my feelings for the one cute guy who works there have increased major time. * sigh* i'm going to miss going there but if i hadn't banned my from there i dont think i would be able to blerting out my most deep feelings for him

Youngfab4fan Feb 18, 2013 08:11 AM

I'm in a bad mood although I have holiday! I feel so bored...

The New AimeeAndBeatles Feb 18, 2013 02:11 PM

Oops.

Well that filesize is a little high. That's what I get for recording in uncompressed RGB format.

Lynner Feb 19, 2013 03:54 AM

With the wind, it's minus 3F! We're down to one car these days, so it will be a cold walk to work - only 4 blocks, but still....

beatlelover45223 Feb 19, 2013 06:25 PM

Sorry to hear about the one car house, thank goodness it is only 4 blocks, it will be a nice walk for this spring, only 3 more weeks till time change, a little less than 4 weeks till spring.... whooo hoo!

DizzymissLizzy909 Feb 22, 2013 10:44 AM

4 weeks til spring?? That just made my day :smile1:

My MI: overheard one of my patient's family members loudly complain that the nurses on my unit are lazy. I was so offended... during a 12 hour shift, I often don't have a chance to pee, much less eat or drink. We never sit down, we're always running. I've never worked so hard in my life as I have as a nurse on this unit, and to be called lazy is absolutely infuriating.

beatlebangs1964 Feb 22, 2013 07:30 PM

Rude and have no sympathy for the hard work nurses do. My MI - I have a dog who licks things and is loud when doing so.

beatlelover45223 Feb 25, 2013 12:29 AM

How very rude Lizzy, I am sorry you had to overhear what those people said, some people are never happy, bet their making their family member/the patient miserable with that kind of talk..... I have the deepest respect for nurse!

DizzymissLizzy909 Feb 25, 2013 09:59 AM

Thanks girls... Normally most people are so kind and lovely, and for the most part I love my patients and families. But it just takes one to ruin your day! Oh well.

Lynner Feb 26, 2013 03:53 AM

I think people forget that nurses have more than one patient to care for. Over the years I've been in the hospital numerous times either as a patient or a visitor and have met the nicest nurses. Hopefully, the person complaining was only doing so out of frustration over worrying for the patient?

Lynner Feb 28, 2013 05:09 AM

High school kids - grrr! Not all of course. My son is having a problem with a few kids in school. Nothering major, but very annoying! I really don't miss high school days!

John's lover girl Feb 28, 2013 06:50 AM

lynner even though i'm in high school i know what you mean. it seems the other kids in my school are inmature.

beatlelover45223 Mar 01, 2013 12:22 AM

Sorry to hear that your son is having problems with any person in high school Lynn! :rolleyes:

Lynner Mar 01, 2013 04:09 AM

Thanks. I'm sure it will get better. Kids don't realize how teasing can be hurtful.

beatlebangs1964 Mar 02, 2013 05:36 AM

Lynner, here is my treatise on bullying. It is a very serious matter that people for generations blew it off with stupid comments like, "ignore them" (we know how well THAT works); "can't you take a joke/where's your sense of humor" which is just blame the victim and agree with the speaker rhetoric. I think those two comments in re jokes and humor are about the worst things one can say regarding bullying. I speak from experience as I was often bullied and blamed. So that is why I am on my soapbox now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/syl...r_title_full_6

VersusBatman Mar 02, 2013 12:05 PM

Then there are those who say bullying is just a fact of life and you have to put up with it.