BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Abbey Road (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Stella McCartney designed Meghan Markle's reception dress. (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49947)

peanut333 May 20, 2018 12:27 PM

Stella McCartney designed Meghan Markle's reception dress.

http://people.com/royals/royal-weddi...dress-details/

I have seen many of her designs over the years. She is one talented lady! I did not know she had 3 kids. Meghan's gown was beautiful! I saw the wedding live, I wish the couple the best! I swear, Paris and Miley look so tacky with all those tattoos. NTM, Miley needed some undergarments. But considering what I have read about her, she wouldn't know style and class if it hit her in the face! Sad but true. :bigeyes3::blush4:

beatlebangs1964 May 22, 2018 08:01 PM

In 1997 when Paul was knighted by the Queen, her grandson Harry told Paul he thought his daughter Mary was pretty, thus securing a place in the newly Knighted Beatle's heart.

Some twenty years later, Paul's other daughter would design his wife's wedding gown.

beatlebangs1964 May 22, 2018 08:03 PM

Peanut, I don't care much for tattoos either and I agree that Miley Cyrus wouldn't know style and class if they hit her in the face. I wish the Duke & Duchess of Sussex all the best. Harry is all right. He has a good heart. He is Diana's son all right.

What is NTM?

peanut333 May 25, 2018 04:47 PM

I did not know that

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 (Post 1131145)
In 1997 when Paul was knighted by the Queen, her grandson Harry told Paul he thought his daughter Mary was pretty, thus securing a place in the newly Knighted Beatle's heart.

Some twenty years later, Paul's other daughter would design his wife's wedding gown.

That was a sweet thing for Harry to say. Yes Paul has deep connections to the royal family. Speaking of the Fab Four, I saw the pics of Ringo being knighted by the Prince William. BTW, did Stella or Paul attend the wedding? I didn't see them. Personally I felt the wedding was beautiful and historic. All the best to the new couple. Andrew's daughter Eugenie get married in the fall! It was nice to see Fergie at the nuptials. In addition, his divorce lawyer also handled Prince Charles's divorce.

peanut333 May 25, 2018 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 (Post 1131146)
Peanut, I don't care much for tattoos either and I agree that Miley Cyrus wouldn't know style and class if they hit her in the face. I wish the Duke & Duchess of Sussex all the best. Harry is all right. He has a good heart. He is Diana's son all right.

What is NTM?

I think both couples are sweet. William and Harry lucked out in marrying women who really love them. I know the Queen and Prince Phillip are happy considering all the drama over 20 years ago. That is sad, Diana did not live to see her boys grow up. However I think Charles did a great job. Despite everything in his personal life, I respect him. That was so touching to watch him walk Meghan down the aisle. My heart went out to Harry when he broke down at the altar, while thinking of his mom. I read Wills cried too. She lives in their hearts. Her grandchildren are adorable. They stole the show at the wedding. The royal portrait is beautiful!

I recently found out Stella loaned Orpah her pink outfit since she changed her mind about the outfit she intended to wear. I know Orpah and Paul have been friends for many years. Did anyone think the laughing was rude when the couple stated their vows. Some think it was due to the shock Harry is finally settling down. Either way, it was rude and surprising.

peanut333 Jun 05, 2018 09:20 AM

Were Stella or Paul at the wedding?

I recall watching the celebrities arrive, but I did not see them. It is possible I missed Paul or his daughter. Considering she designed one of her gowns, I would assume Stella received an invitation. Of course things do come up, and maybe she had to nix the event. However I did read last month, Paul was on the invite list.

beatlebangs1964 Jul 01, 2018 08:45 PM

I read the exact same thing, peanut333

peanut333 Sep 13, 2018 11:20 AM

I wonder if Stella will have a hand in designing Eugenie's bridal wardrobe when she marries Jack in October? I'm dying to know what her cousins and their wives will wear as well. NTM, her parents. From what I have read, her fiancée seems like a nice guy. Good luck to them.