BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Tell Me Why (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What is going on? (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49269)

raul Apr 25, 2014 10:50 AM

What is going on?

Why there are almost no members online? For days? Or no one. Shouldn't admins or mods be here daily to see it's ok? I guess no one will even answer to this, cause there's no one! Am I incapable of establishing contact with others, like van gogh? I know what it is...you're all sabotaging me!!

What is WRONG with you ALL???!!!

Am I the devil?

Legs Apr 25, 2014 09:52 PM

Hi Raul,

It's nothing against you, I think there is less and less interest by people in posting on online forums. It's nothing personal but I admit I also find it very dissapointing. Some of the topics I started or posts I made for example are also left unanswered. The interest in this kind of forums just isn't there anymore.
You can blame Facebook or things like that I quess.

hibgal Apr 25, 2014 09:59 PM

Legs is right, Raul. Nothing personal at all. It's not you. Was like this before you got back too. It now can go days between people posting. And, of course, a forum isn't more active than the members on it. But yeah, I'd like to see a bit more mod activity as well.

raul Apr 25, 2014 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legs (Post 1124688)
Hi Raul,

It's nothing against you, I think there is less and less interest by people in posting on online forums. It's nothing personal but I admit I also find it very dissapointing. Some of the topics I started or posts I made for example are also left unanswered. The interest in this kind of forums just isn't there anymore.
You can blame Facebook or things like that I quess.

Look, I really like you, man! You're my absolute fav person i EVER met online!! i know i said hofner, but this time i really mean it. hes great though. cant we somehow get in touch? pm? please?

hibgal, we had a strange breakup, but maybe i know you well enough to confide. cant we communicate? pm?

i am really in the most DRAMATIC situation. it's so serious ...let me just say ive been to a hospital (not mental)

Lynner Apr 28, 2014 04:02 AM

Hi Raul,
Like the others have posted, the activity just is not as it was in the past. For the longest time I checked in daily, but as the posts slowed down, so did my visits. Hope your health is improving. Take care.

bearkat77 Apr 29, 2014 07:24 PM

Hey Raul! Good to see you return. Traffic here has diminished over time but we still visit. Some times I turn up to see what's happening but don't sign in unless it's necessary.

Rellevart May 01, 2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibgal (Post 1124689)
But yeah, I'd like to see a bit more mod activity as well.

Just curious, what would you like to see the mods do? I mean, if there aren't any members left who want to post, what can we really do? I would welcome suggestions!

And I pop in pretty frequently, even if I haven't posted much.

hibgal May 01, 2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rellevart (Post 1124769)
Just curious, what would you like to see the mods do? I mean, if there aren't any members left who want to post, what can we really do? I would welcome suggestions!

Well, that's just the thing. When I first came to this forum, any time there was a slack time, a mod would step in with a comment or start a new topic or some such. It wasn't left to the average member to start every discussion or keep it going - mods would do their bit too.

I don't know how or where the idea came from that the only job a mod has is to referee members and blow the whistle when a discussion gets too heated or personal. It isn't. Really. At least that's not what a mod do on other forums I'm on. Or been a mod on for that matter. The emphasis was always on us contributing to the forum, not just being the force of the law, so to speak.

I'm not saying mods have to be active on every thread or post every day or even log in every day. There are always perfectly valid reasons for why not. But, several mods on this forum (not you) haven't been seen for months! It's a bit discouraging, you know? It sends the message that the mods don't care about the forum and if they don't then it follows that why should the members do? Obviously we expect the mods to be the real enthusiasts! :smile1:

Bongo May 02, 2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raul (Post 1124674)
Why there are almost no members online? For days? Or no one. Shouldn't admins or mods be here daily to see it's ok? I guess no one will even answer to this, cause there's no one! Am I incapable of establishing contact with others, like van gogh? I know what it is...you're all sabotaging me!!

What is WRONG with you ALL???!!!

Am I the devil?

You need help my friend, not sure if your going to get it here, but listen to yourself. Asking admins/mods to see if it's ok???? :help:

My suggestion, put on some Beatles music and enjoy.......:guitar1:

lennonluvr9 May 03, 2014 05:20 AM

I know I dont post as often (on either forum I'm at) partly because I just dont have as much time anymore. I will say the Pixar forum I'm on has seen a decrease in traffic as well. I admit, I'm guilty of primarily using Facebook & Twitter to get Beatles news or interact or whatever, but I still enjoy coming here. That's why I try to at least get here on weekends if I can.

beatlebangs1964 May 08, 2014 06:49 PM

I pop in, but don't always post. Hibgal raises good points - we aren't here JUST as referees; we enjoy good conversation including banter as much as anyone! :smile1:

SF4-EVER May 16, 2014 07:51 AM

"And now my life has changed in oh so many ways...."

When I joined Beatlelinks ages ago, I was single. Now I'm married with a child. I work full-time and write as much as I can too. There isn't enough time--or energy--for everything, alas. Even when stop by, I don't have much new Beatlely stuff to post for discussion.

beatlebangs1964 May 17, 2014 06:02 PM

Congratulations, SF! :thumbu2:

Rellevart May 19, 2014 04:42 AM

Ok Hib, thanks for the reply. I used to do that, start topics that I thought might inspire interesting converstaions, but after a while when it became apparent that nobody was responding because nobody was visiting here much anymore, it seemed a waste of time.

Georgie Girl May 19, 2014 09:30 AM

I'm going to start a thread that Yoko broke up the Fabs and see what happens. :wink2:

Zimmerman The Gnome May 19, 2014 11:16 AM

The Beatles are beginning to fade, took a very long time but their star is fading. Life goes on............

Rellevart May 19, 2014 11:52 AM

I don't think it's that at all - people are just using other types of avenues to share information about them. I get requests to join Beatles groups on Facebook every couple days (I'm only in a local one) and some of them are very active.

Georgie Girl May 19, 2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zimmerman The Gnome (Post 1125042)
The Beatles are beginning to fade, took a very long time but their star is fading. Life goes on............

:laugh5:

beatlebangs1964 May 19, 2014 07:31 PM

GG, perhaps if you started a thread about your One Sweet Dream and Cloud joined you, you'd get plenty of responses! :devious:

hibgal May 20, 2014 10:22 AM

Good grief! BB Nooooooo!!! :faint1: