BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Crackerbox Palace (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A disgrace to George (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44439)

834 Sep 17, 2011 10:19 AM

me neither.

Jeanvolt Sep 17, 2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgie Girl (Post 1079357)
I think I can find a reference to his guitar playing, gotta wade thru all the smut first.... Oh, dear, did that actually happen? :read:

Never ridicule anyone. :-)

beatlebangs1964 Sep 17, 2011 02:40 PM

Yeah, George played a guitar. Remember on Beatles Live at the BBC 1963 when George said, "My name is George and I, too play a guitar." He was the one we all know ROCKED on "I'm Happy Just to Dance With You." :laugh4: Yeah, there were some references to the man's monumental talent.

Oh, wait! George also wrote some songs, some really serious ones like "I Want to Tell You" and "Here Comes the Sun" to name two. And then he played in this band with some other talented dudes who were really fab, yeah, the Fab 4!

834 Sep 17, 2011 03:28 PM

OUTDOORSMAN:


STRUMMER:


DANCER:


SHUFFLER:


BEACHCOMBER:


SHeAMAN:


BRAWLER:


AND...COOL GUY

Hari's Chick Sep 17, 2011 03:53 PM

Yay!!! :clap3::clap3: Well done!


And ... Sweetheart George ~

Georgie Girl Sep 17, 2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanvolt (Post 1079401)
Never ridicule anyone. :-)

I ridicule EVERYONE! :devil7: :wink3:

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 (Post 1079404)
Yeah, George played a guitar. Remember on Beatles Live at the BBC 1963 when George said, "My name is George and I, too play a guitar." He was the one we all know ROCKED on "I'm Happy Just to Dance With You." :laugh4: Yeah, there were some references to the man's monumental talent.

Oh, wait! George also wrote some songs, some really serious ones like "I Want to Tell You" and "Here Comes the Sun" to name two. And then he played in this band with some other talented dudes who were really fab, yeah, the Fab 4!

Yes, I think I read something about that too. :read:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 834 (Post 1079406)
OUTDOORSMAN:


STRUMMER:


DANCER:


SHUFFLER:


BEACHCOMBER:


SHeAMAN:


BRAWLER:


AND...COOL GUY

:rolling3:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hari's Chick (Post 1079408)
Yay!!! :clap3::clap3: Well done!


And ... Sweetheart George ~

At first, I thought you said "sweatshirt" George. :laugh5:

834 Sep 17, 2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgie Girl (Post 1079410)
At first, I thought you said "sweatshirt" George. :laugh5:

SWEATSHIRT GEORGE:

kayinthelife Sep 17, 2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 (Post 1079404)
And then he played in this band with some other talented dudes who were really fab, yeah, the Fab 4!

Wait, George was in the Beatles? :bigeyes3:

This is mind-blowing. Next thing you know, people are going to start saying that Paul had a band named after a certain feature of the avian anatomy.

Of course, it's just a rumor, but I heard that George sang a song, early in his career, about telling secrets. Pssh! That'll be the day.

Georgie Girl Sep 17, 2011 06:19 PM

To be serious, George's "reputation" is the LAST thing I think of when remembering him. Besides his career in music, I credit him with bringing new ideas of God and faith to the western world. He and the Beatles had such an influence that young people became interested in the things the Fabs were interested in.

Georgie Girl Sep 17, 2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 834 (Post 1079412)
SWEATSHIRT GEORGE:

I knew one of you would find a sweatshirt George. :devious:

Georgie Girl Sep 17, 2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayinthelife (Post 1079413)
Wait, George was in the Beatles? :bigeyes3:

This is mind-blowing. Next thing you know, people are going to start saying that Paul had a band named after a certain feature of the avian anatomy.

Yes, I LOVE the Beaks! :teeth1:

Maia 66 Sep 17, 2011 09:53 PM

^ To add to the "George was more than a slut" images, let's add this title: Dylan-imitator-when Dylan-was-still-Zimmerman George:



Okay, now that FPSHOT has promised not to post in this thread anymore, can we get back to talking about what a slut George was? I heard that he actually had a Ronnette and John didn't. True? :laugh5:

darkhorse23 Sep 17, 2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maia 66 (Post 1079442)
Okay, now that FPSHOT has promised not to post in this thread anymore, can we get back to talking about what a slut George was? I heard that he actually had a Ronnette and John didn't. True? :laugh5:


Don't care about this either. And I won't comment anymore either just for the record.

constance Sep 17, 2011 10:04 PM

Well at least we got some great George photos out of this thread...love sweatshirt George...and young George...and...etc...

Maia 66 Sep 17, 2011 10:08 PM

It's called "taking the piss"... and each one of the Beatles loved to do it. And we love them for it.

Peace and love and Hare Krishna, y'all. :peace:

Hari's Chick Sep 17, 2011 10:16 PM



George says... "I'm not really into any female attention of any sort... "

834 Sep 18, 2011 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maia 66 (Post 1079442)
^ To add to the "George was more than a slut" images, let's add this title: Dylan-imitator-when Dylan-was-still-Zimmerman George:


I just saw this picture for the first time on some portugese website, I'm ready to post it, and here you've already got it. dang gurrl.

Georgie Girl Sep 18, 2011 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maia 66 (Post 1079442)

Okay, now that FPSHOT has promised not to post in this thread anymore, can we get back to talking about what a slut George was? I heard that he actually had a Ronnette and John didn't. True? :laugh5:

I heard that, too--wonder if it was Ronnie? They did work together years later. :eyebrows:

834 Sep 18, 2011 07:51 AM

roight. She was the "Try Some.." in that song...

FPSHOT Sep 18, 2011 10:16 AM

...


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.