BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Come Together (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   is the water warm! and who is joining me for a drink (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27265)

David Bigcheeseplant Jul 02, 2006 10:57 AM

is the water warm! and who is joining me for a drink

Hey I am new to this group, I have been told its friendly and the water is warm so it would be good to find out what it all about.

I am a big Beatles fan. At this moment in time its pointless to have a list of my likes of Beatle, but I suppose I can relate to George more as he was quiet and sensitive a bit like me but very creative and a bit over shadowed by the rest of the group.

Be good to hear from others and were you are in the world, by the way I am from England, if anyone one to chat off line my email address is bigcheeseplant@hotmail.com, anyway I look at a forum as a pub or bar I walk in donít know anyone but hope that someone says hello and I make some friends otherwise I may just turn around and walk out again.

As a topic I guess all of us put the Beatles at the top of our favourite artist group, but whom would you put at number two three or four? I guess I would put the Velvet Underground in there, and Pink Floyd whatís everyone else choice?
David

sourmilkpinky Jul 02, 2006 11:04 AM

hello David :wave1: welcome to the links. Not only is the water warm.,,,some times it is jacuzzi hot :laugh5:

As for my number two band it varies as much as my mood :bigeyes3:

some being;

Bruce Springsteen
Bob Seger
Clapton
The Guess Who
Elton John
many teeny bopper types :blush4:

Have fun here.

Georgie Girl Jul 02, 2006 11:18 AM

Welcome, David! :thumbu1:

As for second-favorite groups, I can't really nail
down one. But I have been a big fan of the Who,
the Stones, Heart, Mamas and Papas, ELO, etc.
Like Pinky said, it depends on your mood! :music1:

Don't walk out yet--have a pint with us! :beer1:

David Bigcheeseplant Jul 02, 2006 12:35 PM

Don't walk out yet--have a pint with us!

yes but american pints are smaller than the uk ones, but as its hot over here so I wont refuse, think i will have a bag of nuts and a packet of crisps too!

what is everyone esle drinking!

Starry-eyed Jul 02, 2006 12:38 PM

Welcome David! Nice to meet you! Glad you joined us. I'm sure you'll love it here.
For second favorites, I have lots:
The Who
The Kinks
The Rolling Stones
Genesis

These are my main favorites other than the Beatles! :wave1:

Georgie Girl Jul 02, 2006 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Bigcheeseplant

yes but american pints are smaller than the uk ones, but as its hot over here so I wont refuse, think i will have a bag of nuts and a packet of crisps too!

Well, we'll all come over THERE and have our pint then! :devious:

I'll have a Diet Coke and a Kit Kat Bar myself,
being a good Baptist woman and all. :angel4:

David Bigcheeseplant Jul 02, 2006 12:44 PM

Its a bit warm in here so anyone gonna join be in the beer garden, Is it only me or is Soldier of love one of the best lesser known beatles tracks

Lucy Jul 02, 2006 01:37 PM

Yup David it is very warm here! I even got a bit of sun burn today!
Hope you feel welcome. Nice to have you on board.

SF4-EVER Jul 02, 2006 02:49 PM

Welcome to Beatlelinks! :wave2: I don't think I could pick a second favorite band either.

Marmalade Skies Jul 02, 2006 03:23 PM

Quote:

I guess I would put the Velvet Underground in there

I like you already. :teeth1:

Hope you enjoy the forum, David. Everyone is very nice and it's quite easy to make friends.

As for my other favorites, I'd say the Stones, the Who, the Velvet Underground,and Weezer..as for solo artists I'd say David Bowie, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix and John Mayer. I listen to a wide range really.

David Bigcheeseplant Jul 02, 2006 03:32 PM

I know its a bit sad but i arrange my 1000 CD collection in the colour of the spines going from white through the rainbow to black any one else got any weird things they do with collections!

BeatlesFan4life Jul 02, 2006 03:39 PM

Hi David Welcome to beatleLinks. You will have fun here.

motherTheresa Jul 02, 2006 04:52 PM

cheers!

welcome to beatlelinks, david!

:beer1:

hope you enjoy posting!

beatlelover45223 Jul 02, 2006 05:39 PM

:wave1: Hi David, nice to meet you, enjoy your stay with us! I have a 2nd favorite group Crosby, Still, & Nash, after that I could not pick, there are so many good groups out there!

sourmilkpinky Jul 02, 2006 05:42 PM

Quote:

I know its a bit sad but i arrange my 1000 CD collection in the colour of the spines going from white through the rainbow to black any one else got any weird things they do with collections!

I dont think that is sad...sad is my collection. It is not arranged at all...it is a mess right now...some cd's are even in the wrong case....another chore for the day off :laugh5:

and I love Soldier of Love also....

BeatleBonJoviFan Jul 02, 2006 07:26 PM

Hi and welcome, David!!! :wave2:

Well, my second favorite group is Bon Jovi. I know that that's kind of strange coming from a die-hard Beatles fan, but there you go. To be fair, I got into them in 2000, when "It's My Life" came out.

But of course, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Rooney and Jet are awesome, too! I think classic rock in general is the best.

jesgear Jul 03, 2006 01:26 AM

Hiya, David. Have fun posting.

To answer all your questions ...
Favorite musicians: The Beatles, Stevie Wonder, Jeff Beck, Pink Floyd, The Seeds, Yes, Cream, The Kinks, The Black Crowes, Sheryl Crow, Van Halen, Queen, The Who
What I'm drinking: green tea
"Soldier Of Love": a good track
How my CDs are organized: alphabetized by artist and then within each artist group by album name. Beatles related CDs are separated by the others, are ordered as The Beatles, Lennon, McCartney, Harrison, Starr and just Beatle-related and then arranged within each group by release date.

sadie Jul 03, 2006 03:26 AM

Hello David!

I hope you see this place as a good old fashioned boozer type pub and not a trendy wine bar!

I am London based, and like most british psycedelia.

sadie Jul 03, 2006 03:56 AM

Quote:

How can one pint be small than another? It can't be a pint of it smaller! :bigeyes3:

SandySunshine Jul 03, 2006 04:07 AM

Hello!!!!!!!

You'll have great fun here, David!!!!! I always do!!!!!

I have too many second favourite bands to mention, although the Kinks and the Who would be pretty near the top!!!!!

My CD collection is arranged alphabetically by artist!!!!!

And if you're buying.....mine's a pint of creme de menthe, please!!!!!

David Bigcheeseplant Jul 03, 2006 04:37 AM

How can one pint be small than another? It can't be a pint of it smaller!

American Pints are smaller than UK pints same goes with Gallons, not too sure why, Guess there are many things that look the same but are different, In the the UK you can go out for a fag meaning a smoke in the states this means something different!

Fanny mean too things to, plus Jelly any other ones people can think of!

sourmilkpinky Jul 03, 2006 04:39 AM

lolol we have a whole topic about those differences :)

sadie Jul 03, 2006 04:51 AM

Quote:

How can one pint be small than another? It can't be a pint of it smaller!

American Pints are smaller than UK pints same goes with Gallons, not too sure why, Guess there are many things that look the same but are different, In the the UK you can go out for a fag meaning a smoke in the states this means something different!

Fanny mean too things to, plus Jelly any other ones people can think of!

ewwww fanny and jelly in one sentence, sounds like a horrible disease, anyway as Pinky says we had a whole thread going on for ages about the english and us differences you should check it out!

Asha Jul 03, 2006 07:33 AM

Welcome aboard, David! :wave1:

David Bigcheeseplant Jul 03, 2006 03:18 PM

Does any one ever meet up on this forum for real! meeting up in a vitual pub for a beer sounds great, but have anyone ever met for real on here? If there are any UK residents of even others who are over here on holiday it would be great meet for real!

beatlelover45223 Jul 03, 2006 09:55 PM

David, I know lots of US members meet up at The Fest for Beatle Fans or whatever it is called now, BeatleFest as it was known for years, all over the US, there are 4-5 of them each year here in the the US. So there is meeting up with some members, others get to know each other well enough, that if they are passing through their friends/member's area of the country they meet up, more here in the US that I can recall.

Georgie Girl Jul 04, 2006 06:32 AM

Quote:

Well, I separate the American acts from the British ones, and the Beatles cd's have their own holder in the car.

Maxine Jul 05, 2006 01:34 AM

Hey David, welcome to Beatlelinks! :wave1:

bearkat77 Jul 05, 2006 09:13 PM

Welcome to Beatlelinks, David! A splendid time is guaranteed for all.

Lucy Jul 06, 2006 01:19 PM

Quote:

If there are any UK residents of even others who are over here on holiday it would be great meet for real!

Yeah I think there should be a UK residents meet-up! I'd be up for it!

I've been lucky enough to meet up with one person I met on here, my dear friend Jami.

Anyway David, I hope you are enjoying yourself and continue to find the water warm.

David Bigcheeseplant Jul 06, 2006 02:45 PM

"Yeah I think there should be a UK residents meet-up! I'd be up for it!"

Any other takers out there?