BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Come Together (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   is the water warm! and who is joining me for a drink (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27265)

David Bigcheeseplant Jul 03, 2006 04:37 AM

How can one pint be small than another? It can't be a pint of it smaller!

American Pints are smaller than UK pints same goes with Gallons, not too sure why, Guess there are many things that look the same but are different, In the the UK you can go out for a fag meaning a smoke in the states this means something different!

Fanny mean too things to, plus Jelly any other ones people can think of!

sourmilkpinky Jul 03, 2006 04:39 AM

lolol we have a whole topic about those differences :)

sadie Jul 03, 2006 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Bigcheeseplant
How can one pint be small than another? It can't be a pint of it smaller!

American Pints are smaller than UK pints same goes with Gallons, not too sure why, Guess there are many things that look the same but are different, In the the UK you can go out for a fag meaning a smoke in the states this means something different!

Fanny mean too things to, plus Jelly any other ones people can think of!

ewwww fanny and jelly in one sentence, sounds like a horrible disease, anyway as Pinky says we had a whole thread going on for ages about the english and us differences you should check it out!

Asha Jul 03, 2006 07:33 AM

Welcome aboard, David! :wave1:

David Bigcheeseplant Jul 03, 2006 03:18 PM

Does any one ever meet up on this forum for real! meeting up in a vitual pub for a beer sounds great, but have anyone ever met for real on here? If there are any UK residents of even others who are over here on holiday it would be great meet for real!

beatlelover45223 Jul 03, 2006 09:55 PM

David, I know lots of US members meet up at The Fest for Beatle Fans or whatever it is called now, BeatleFest as it was known for years, all over the US, there are 4-5 of them each year here in the the US. So there is meeting up with some members, others get to know each other well enough, that if they are passing through their friends/member's area of the country they meet up, more here in the US that I can recall.

Georgie Girl Jul 04, 2006 06:32 AM

Quote:

I know its a bit sad but i arrange my 1000 CD collection in the colour of the spines going from white through the rainbow to black any one else got any weird things they do with collections!

Well, I separate the American acts from the British ones, and the Beatles cd's have their own holder in the car.

Maxine Jul 05, 2006 01:34 AM

Hey David, welcome to Beatlelinks! :wave1:

bearkat77 Jul 05, 2006 09:13 PM

Welcome to Beatlelinks, David! A splendid time is guaranteed for all.

Lucy Jul 06, 2006 01:19 PM

Quote:

If there are any UK residents of even others who are over here on holiday it would be great meet for real!

Yeah I think there should be a UK residents meet-up! I'd be up for it!

I've been lucky enough to meet up with one person I met on here, my dear friend Jami.

Anyway David, I hope you are enjoying yourself and continue to find the water warm.

David Bigcheeseplant Jul 06, 2006 02:45 PM

"Yeah I think there should be a UK residents meet-up! I'd be up for it!"

Any other takers out there?