BeatleLinks Fab Forum

BeatleLinks Fab Forum (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php)
-   Bootleg Network (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   BOOTLEGZONE IS GONE (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30251)

jklein87 Feb 25, 2007 07:07 PM

BOOTLEGZONE IS GONE

Announcement to let people know that Bootlegzone is now gone. Is there anyone who wants to put up some type of forum to continue the discussions that were done on there?

FPSHOT Feb 25, 2007 09:23 PM

That is what this forum at BeatleLinks is about, so just continue here?

Serena Feb 25, 2007 09:27 PM

well the site was a useful data base, but i think i can survive without the forum. if you're in desparate need for a separate bootleg forum, your more than welcome to get started on that.:wink3:

Legs Feb 25, 2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jklein87 (Post 671810)
Announcement to let people know that Bootlegzone is now gone. Is there anyone who wants to put up some type of forum to continue the discussions that were done on there?

What is this place about then?
I always thought that this part of links was about discusing bootlegs.

I'll miss bootlegzone, not the forum but the database. Sad that it closed down, but the owner hasn't been around for ages.

BadLittleKid Feb 26, 2007 12:59 AM

What a hyper-cool persons you are, Serena and Legs! I'd rather let youtube perish than bootlegzone!

There were tracklisting and cover scans of 4,500 beatlegs plus beatle related artists. No no, no good.

Jerry Feb 26, 2007 01:35 AM

That's a pretty big loss, it was always the first (and usually only) site I visited for bootleg info. Not just the cover scans. But since you can't always trust what a CD cover says, I went there for info about what is actually on the tracks.

Their forum was very active. The "beatleg" section had tons of active users and many daily posts, so hopefully they'll come this way and start joining. I'll try contacting the webmaster, maybe he can put a link up to us on his page.

walrus_mania67 Feb 26, 2007 04:54 AM

I'm gonna cry

FPSHOT Feb 26, 2007 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry (Post 671862)
Their forum was very active. The "beatleg" section had tons of active users and many daily posts, so hopefully they'll come this way and start joining. I'll try contacting the webmaster, maybe he can put a link up to us on his page.

I like this pro-active approach :smile1:

Legs Feb 26, 2007 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadLittleKid (Post 671861)
What a hyper-cool persons you are, Serena and Legs! I'd rather let youtube perish than bootlegzone!

Not really sure what you mean by that but it doesn't matter.
It's a shame that bootlegzone is gone, been the number 1 place for scans and at times info. The forum was a good place for info as well, but since I didn't post there much I wouldn't miss it so much. I guess I also didn't understand jklein87's question. This already is a bootleg discusion forum, at least this part of links, so the discusions that took place on bootleg zone can take place here. I am not to blame for the fact that so little people do, everyone is welcome here to discuss bootlegs and things related to bootlegs, or to set up trades etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadLittleKid (Post 671861)

There were tracklisting and cover scans of 4,500 beatlegs plus beatle related artists. No no, no good.

I know that, like said a real shame that it's closed down but I don't understand why the webmaster had chosen to close it down. I know he hadn't been around Zone for years, his last message and updates were from 2003 or 2004. He could have just left everything in the air without updating anything, and just resigned or so, I find his descicion a bit radical imo.

BadLittleKid Feb 26, 2007 09:17 AM

Ah, don't worry. I was just wondering how easy you seemed to take it.

I'm waiting too for those homeless bootleggers to find some other forum, like this. It would probably increase the volume of discussion at this section.

FPSHOT Feb 26, 2007 09:27 AM

It was a great site for info about bootlegs, but I never even knew they had a forum, so yes it is a loss to not have the data anymore, but I canm't speak for the loss of that forum. I am sure the regulars will be able to stay in touch somehow if they feel like it. Like here.

BadLittleKid Feb 26, 2007 09:44 AM

They had a "hall of shame" too -LOL- for traders who sold something they didn't have.

rubbersoulster_mel Feb 26, 2007 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legs (Post 671882)
He could have just left everything in the air without updating anything, and just resigned or so, I find his descicion a bit radical imo.

Agreed!! Considering how many people there are out there who would have been willing to take over, it seems very extreme to just shut the whole site down... and without warning no less. Very disappointing!

FPSHOT Feb 26, 2007 09:50 AM

What did they name the hall for the buyers who bought "nothing"?

drjim Feb 26, 2007 11:24 AM

Bootlegzone Refugee

Hi folks - hopefully there is someone here I've interacted with before on BZ. I was a VERY active trader there and will need to go through withdrawal from the database - the new listings, especially, kept it fresh and kept me semi-informed. I value the opportunity to get connected to BeatleLinks - so thanks for taking me on. I'll drag my walrus buddy along so he can keep shining on as well - Jim K

FPSHOT Feb 26, 2007 11:32 AM

Sounds good .. welcome to Beatlelinks :)

BadLittleKid Feb 26, 2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drjim (Post 671930)
Hi folks - hopefully there is someone here I've interacted with before on BZ. I was a VERY active trader there and will need to go through withdrawal from the database - the new listings, especially, kept it fresh and kept me semi-informed. I value the opportunity to get connected to BeatleLinks - so thanks for taking me on. I'll drag my walrus buddy along so he can keep shining on as well - Jim K

Here's one in a lifeboat, Sir.

Welcome on board. :wave1: I suppose there will be many others coming too soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FPSHOT (Post 671900)
What did they name the hall for the buyers who bought "nothing"?

There was always a description on who had done and what in the same hall. I don't know, I looked at it only once.

FPSHOT Feb 26, 2007 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadLittleKid (Post 671934)
There was always a description on who had done and what in the same hall.

We could do with that here LOL

eppylover Feb 26, 2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legs (Post 671882)
He could have just left everything in the air without updating anything, and just resigned or so, I find his descicion a bit radical imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubbersoulster_mel (Post 671899)
Agreed!! Considering how many people there are out there who would have been willing to take over, it seems very extreme to just shut the whole site down... and without warning no less. Very disappointing!

Strange, huh?

I wonder if the RIAA or Apple or some record company or other company threatened the webmaster to close it down or they'd prosecute? Even if the webmaster hadn't had anything to do with it for a few years, that still wouldn't have made any difference when people were still actively sharing through that site.

I certainly hope this isn't the start of a major, major crackdown on ALL sharing. :afraid2:

Jerry Feb 26, 2007 11:04 PM

I would guess it's just money. A huge database like that with all of those pictures is not something you can just throw up on the internet for free for years and years.