PDA

View Full Version : Return To Pepperland

bobdude
Feb 18, 2003, 10:53 AM
I recently downloaded this song off the internet and I was wondering if anybody had any info or opinion on this song.

Legs
Feb 18, 2003, 01:02 PM
Yes I had some info in my head but it's rather blank now.
It was suposed to be on an album which Paul wanted to release in 1987.
Other songs recorded were I love this house, Squid, Love Mix, The Same Love all were released on the "Flaming Pie" singles.
I have a bootleg called "Return To Pepperland" with all these songs.

People were thankfully helpfull enough to put stuff on the internet.

http://www.jpgr.co.uk/sm0001.html

I leave it to the moderators of this forum to decide wheter they move this to the bootleg forum or not.

Legs
Feb 18, 2003, 01:05 PM
It's a nice song btw, kind of a look back song on what happened 20 years after Sgt. Peppers and the summer of love.While still not one of the best McCartney songs ever this one should have seen the light of day oficially, there are lesser songs then this one released by Paul.

Beatles1767
Feb 18, 2003, 02:25 PM
"Return to Pepperland" is a GREAT song. Here's the track listing to the Return to Pepperland album:
1 Lindiana 5:50
2 I Love This House 3:51
3 We Got Married 5:10
4 Beautiful Night 6:14
5 Loveliest Thing 4:02
6 Squid 6:37
7 Big Day 5:38
8 This One 3:27
9 Love Come Tumbling Down 4:26
10 Christian Pop 2:21
11 Atlantic Ocean 6:50
12 Love Mix 3:47
13 Return To Pepperland 4:53
14 P.S. Love Me Do 3:43
15 The Same Love 3:54
16 Donīt Break The Promise 3:42

"Squid" and "P.S. Love Me Do" are also great tracks if you can find them for download.

Lynner
Feb 20, 2003, 06:49 AM
Looks like this topic might fit better in Bootleg Network.

sleepybomb
Apr 25, 2003, 06:38 PM
i found a boot of this on ebay, quite cheap, that was very smartly packaged and of excellent quality.
paul went into the studio in 1986 with producer phil ramone, and laid these tracks.
overall i think the material is much better than say, 'press to play', tho stuff like 'atlantic ocean' is some kinda lame disco. but i really like 'pepperland', 'ilove this house', 'beautiful night' and the instrumentals. it is a shame this has not been heard by the general public!
btw, there is also a great cd collection of the collaboration of mccartney and mac manus (elvis costello). . . it is very interesting and their voices seem to blend so well, as does the song writing! altho some of these songs have been releasedby one or the other, to hear them all together is rather satisfying!