PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Wiggily

beatlebangs1964
Jun 12, 2009, 02:27 PM
I love Uncle Wiggily, the kindly rabbit who co-habits with some weird creatures, like the bad old Pipsissewa, (sp) the Skeezix and the Skillery Skallery Alligator.

Uncle Wiggly's weird co-stars make me laugh my head off. I got an Uncle Wiggly board game for my 5th Christmas and to this day I remember laughing at the villianous (sp) characters.

The Pipsissewa was a bastard rhino. See, he looked mostly like a rhino, but had a somewhat ursine body.

The Skeezix looked like a cross between a starving stork and a crow. The Skeezix bird was such a panic, but I still think the bad old Pipsissewa was the funniest.

My favorite character was this Boston bulldog. How many of you out there still get a bit of a giggle over Uncle Wiggly, et al.?

Georgie Girl
Jun 13, 2009, 07:55 AM
*gets dictionary to look up "ursine"* :read: :laugh5:

I don't remember Uncle Wiggly myself, BB, tho
you and I are about the same age. :thinker:
This was a game like Chutes and Ladders?

beatlebangs1964
Jun 13, 2009, 06:29 PM
Ursine means bearlike.

Lynner
Jun 14, 2009, 04:30 AM
I've heard of the name, Uncle Wiggly, but have no idea as to when ro what Uncle Wiggly really is. Was it also a comic strip or something? (And yes, I'm just being too lazy to do online research on this.)

beatlebangs1964
Jun 14, 2009, 05:53 AM
He was a gentleman rabbit who tried to make peace among the woodland creatures.

The bad old Pipsissewah (sp) and the Skeezix bird were the antagonists. I thought they were such a panic and were even FUNNIER than the Skillery Skallery Alligator.

The Pipsissewah was the funniest of all.