PDA

View Full Version : Bob Dylan in the '80's and '90's

beatlemad
Jul 04, 2003, 12:15 PM
Can anyone tell me of any great songs Bob recorded in the 1980's and '90's?
I have all his albums from before 1980 but after that nothing.
I'm not looking for whole albums just individual tracks.
Thanks.

Sgt.McCartney
Jul 04, 2003, 12:30 PM
Try this site... http://www.bob-dylan.com/albums/index.html
Bob Dylan is great.

[ Jul 04, 2003, 01:32 PM: Message Edited By: Sgt.McCartney ]

biglou114
Jul 04, 2003, 01:05 PM
Well first off all the tracks from his two latest albums Time Out of Mind and Love & Theft are great. The eighties weren't that great of a period for Dylan, besides touring with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers there wasn't all too much.

Paolo Meccano
Jul 04, 2003, 02:17 PM
'Things Have Changed' was pretty good - I think it's on one of his innumerable compilations...

taxman
Jul 05, 2003, 11:08 PM
I like "Tight Connections To My Heart" from the 1985 "Empire Burlesque" album.

jtal909
Jul 06, 2003, 06:02 PM
Try "Jokerman" from Infidels.

onosideboards
Jul 07, 2003, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted By biglou114:
Well first off all the tracks from his two latest albums Time Out of Mind and Love & Theft are great. The eighties weren't that great of a period for Dylan, besides touring with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers there wasn't all too much.<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">i really like "love & theft." he does such a good job with those old-school country/bluesy ballads.

BeatleChick
Jul 09, 2003, 10:32 AM
I saw him in concert last year (went with a friend and may go again this summer) and I have to say that I really love (and always have) his early material...and I don't mind some of the new Love and Theft stuff. It's not that bad. I haven't bought that album yet, but I have heard the tracks many times (before and after seeing Dylan.) His current countryish-bluesy dude-ish phase isn't all that bad. I do wish, though, that he would get back to writing some, let's say, "commentary" songs (like he did in the 60's). I think we really need some of that now!

darkhorse
Jul 09, 2003, 08:06 PM
Oh Love And Theft is such a great album. It's really one I've been listening to a lot lately... "Mississippi", in my humble opinion, has to be one of the greatest songs released in this decade, compared only with George's "Pisces Fish" or "Rising Sun" maybe. images/icons/smile.gif

beatlemad
Jun 09, 2004, 12:31 PM
Misssissipi is a fantastic song - I think in fact one of his best!